• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blue Smoke on start up....

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
One way to check if it' oil seeping past the valve guides is to have someone follow you closely in their car to check for the blue smoke as you run the engine up to 5-6,000 rpm in second or third gear and then totally back out of the throttle until at idle. This creates a vacuum that will draw oil past the valve seals if there is a problem.
Sponsored

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Took an absence from the forum for a month after cancelling my GT.. looks like I may have made the right choice, because geez how are these cars already burning oil?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Took an absence from the forum for a month after cancelling my GT.. looks like I may have made the right choice, because geez how are these cars already burning oil?
Probably very few. The car we have stored is about a 69 super bee with less than 5,000 miles. Somebody didn't tighten down the rocker arm shaft and it caused valve damage within the first few 100 miles. The remainder of the milage was with a Hemi installed at a drag strip. Somebody probably had a break while they were assembling the engine and forgot where they left off when they returned. I blame it on union labor with their work rules that when it's brake time, you don't finish what you're doing.
Anyway, the plan is to rebuild the original 6 pack for that car as he Hemi was damage when somebody made an incorrect modification to it. Super Bee on the left, Road Runner Hemi donor on right.

S650 Mustang Blue Smoke on start up.... Super-bee-RR

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Probably very few. The car we have stored is about a 69 super bee with less than 5,000 miles. Somebody didn't tighten down the rocker arm shaft and it caused valve damage within the first few 100 miles. The remainder of the milage was with a Hemi installed at a drag strip. Somebody probably had a break while they were assembling the engine and forgot where they left off when they returned. I blame it on union labor with their work rules that when it's brake time, you don't finish what you're doing.
Anyway, the plan is to rebuild the original 6 pack for that car as he Hemi was damage when somebody made an incorrect modification to it. Super Bee on the left, Road Runner Hemi donor on right.

Super-bee-RR.jpg
What cool cars! My dad is a classic Mopar guy, he had a 71 Dart Demon in high school, Dodge Shadow Shelby in his 20s, and a handful other really cool Mopars

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I know it's not normal. just wanting to know if anyone else has had this issue. I don't see it when I'm accelerating away from a light or stop sign
It would be going right back to the dealer for me and I'd be asking for a new engine or new car.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Do it at night which will show it better in the persons headlights behind you.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid

Super-bee-RR.jpg
That's a nice pair of cars!

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
This morning on cold start it did it out the right tail pipe. Stopped at gas station to get some drinks for work. Remote started it and nothing. Drive 20 miles to work and shut her off. Restarted at the end of work at 5:30 pm and nothing...🤷🏻‍♂️

The dealer is waiting on the car and they are providing a loaner for me when I get there. They have contacted ford with my VIN# and also the video of the smoking.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a nice pair of cars!
The super bee will be matching serial numbers once it's put back together and will be up for sale. The road runner will receive a modern Hemi of about 700 horse power and a paint job. For the time being it will be a toy for special occasions. We already parted with the gem of the collection and that was a Hemi Dodge Daytona. The new owner has it back together and as it's pretty much all original, will do preservation on it only. He has been putting up youtube posts about it and it's the crown piece of his wing car collection. Anyway, what happens when you put three cars in a two car garage. The first picture is the Daytona and the Super Bee, the second is the Road Runner and the wing of the Daytona. We are used to skeptics. Nobody believed this collection existed even after these and more pictures were posted. It was only after the buyer of the Daytona visited in person and posted not only was what we said was the truth, but the cars were in better condition than we posted that they believed us. Any way, long story about how these became a time capsule for over 40 years. Simply put, life got in the way of the projects.
S650 Mustang Blue Smoke on start up.... DSC00385.JPG
S650 Mustang Blue Smoke on start up.... Edit380

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This morning on cold start it did it out the right tail pipe. Stopped at gas station to get some drinks for work. Remote started it and nothing. Drive 20 miles to work and shut her off. Restarted at the end of work at 5:30 pm and nothing...🤷🏻‍♂️

The dealer is waiting on the car and they are providing a loaner for me when I get there. They have contacted ford with my VIN# and also the video of the smoking.
That's why I suspect something like a valve seal. They fit pretty tight and it takes a while for the oil that is thrown on them by the engine to leak down the valve stem then to the valve and possibly cylinder. They might see more with a bore scope after the car has parked overnight.

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
It would be going right back to the dealer for me and I'd be asking for a new engine or new car.
Having worked in dealerships for over 40 years, I can tell you that it doesn't work that way, not that easy. There are procedures that have to be followed, which has been mentioned above.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
The super bee will be matching serial numbers once it's put back together and will be up for sale. The road runner will receive a modern Hemi of about 700 horse power and a paint job. For the time being it will be a toy for special occasions. We already parted with the gem of the collection and that was a Hemi Dodge Daytona. The new owner has it back together and as it's pretty much all original, will do preservation on it only. He has been putting up youtube posts about it and it's the crown piece of his wing car collection. Anyway, what happens when you put three cars in a two car garage. The first picture is the Daytona and the Super Bee, the second is the Road Runner and the wing of the Daytona. We are used to skeptics. Nobody believed this collection existed even after these and more pictures were posted. It was only after the buyer of the Daytona visited in person and posted not only was what we said was the truth, but the cars were in better condition than we posted that they believed us. Any way, long story about how these became a time capsule for over 40 years. Simply put, life got in the way of the projects.
DSC00385.JPG
Edit380.jpg
Man those look like some nice restoration projects. That's a cool collection and rare collection at that with all 3 of them. The build will be well worth it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

That's why I suspect something like a valve seal. They fit pretty tight and it takes a while for the oil that is thrown on them by the engine to leak down the valve stem then to the valve and possibly cylinder. They might see more with a bore scope after the car has parked overnight.
How’d she do this morning?

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Zig

Threads
Reaction score