• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best lowering springs?

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
Hey guys about to take delivery of my DH. It’s a non hp car. Curious what everyone’s opinions are on the best springs are for the car?

TIA
Sponsored

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Hey guys about to take delivery of my DH. It’s a non hp car. Curious what everyone’s opinions are on the best springs are for the car?

TIA
I personally favor the Steeda springs simply because of their customer service and testing. With that said, I have also had Eibach and H&R and they were fine. I basically have the HPDE suspension pack (non-magnetic) from Steeda except with the Minimum Drop Springs and the car rides, handles, and drives well.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I have used BMR on my s550 and was very happy with them, so I bought them for my DH. Installed and it made almost no difference in ride height. I called BMR and they said that if I have the Performance Suspension, it is already lower and that is why it made almost no difference.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I will be going with Eibach or Ford Performance for the S650. I had both Steeda and Eibach for my S550 but the Steeda springs didn't seat properly into the top spring perch and I was really disappointed by the quality in that respect. The Eibach springs fit absolutely perfectly. I would also go with Ford Performance as they have a set that works with Magneride

OP
OP
Tuxonspeed

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
I personally favor the Steeda springs simply because of their customer service and testing. With that said, I have also had Eibach and H&R and they were fine. I basically have the HPDE suspension pack (non-magnetic) from Steeda except with the Minimum Drop Springs and the car rides, handles, and drives well.
Are there specific springs you have to get for non hp cars?

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Are there specific springs you have to get for non hp cars?
They have the different spring types for each version (HP/ Non-HP/ Magnaride)

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

civicex2g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT PP, 2022 M3P, 2021 Explorer ST
I have Steeda Progressives on mine and the ride quality is great but I feel as if it lowered just a bit too much up front. I had Ultralites on my S550 and it was a perfect drop.

OP
OP
Tuxonspeed

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
I have Steeda Progressives on mine and the ride quality is great but I feel as if it lowered just a bit too much up front. I had Ultralites on my S550 and it was a perfect drop.
Do you have a picture of the ride height?

civicex2g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT PP, 2022 M3P, 2021 Explorer ST
Looks great! Are you running 20s in the front? Any rubbing?
20x10 with 275s.

Was getting a slight rub on both sides where a plastic fastener holds the inner lining. It would only happen at speed if I hit a long dip in the road. I removed the fastener and it got better but I still have to see if I can push that plastic in a bit.

OP
OP
Tuxonspeed

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
20x10 with 275s.

Was getting a slight rub on both sides where a plastic fastener holds the inner lining. It would only happen at speed if I hit a long dip in the road. I removed the fastener and it got better but I still have to see if I can push that plastic in a bit.
Okay cool. I’m coming from a 2023 bmw m2 and I had to do the same thing on it. Trim back some of the plastic fender liner.
Sponsored