• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Battery Tender?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Well I just put it on the charger a few minutes ago so we'll see what happens. When I pulled my car in the garage it said my battery was at 13.5V which I think is good? No harm in making sure she's fully charged plus I can make sure the new NOCO I bought is working, lol.
As @samson posted, the NOCO charger should start at the first red light (25%) and slowly go up to 50%, 75%, 100% (green) from there. My first charge took about 48 hours (not continuous).
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
As @samson posted, the NOCO charger should start at the first red light (25%) and slowly go up to 50%, 75%, 100% (green) from there. My first charge took about 48 hours (not continuous).
Yup started at the first right light on mine and I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it goes up. Do you remember what the voltage was on your battery before you started charging it? Mine was 13.5 but I know it was lower than that a few days ago when I checked it. Knock on wood no issues so far just trying to head off any potential issues.

How are you liking your car so far? I'm just about through my first tank of gas and my mileage has slowly crept up to 17.1 as last check. That's after some miles on the highway yesterday that brought it up from 15ish, lol.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup started at the first right light on mine and I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it goes up. Do you remember what the voltage was on your battery before you started charging it? Mine was 13.5 but I know it was lower than that a few days ago when I checked it. Knock on wood no issues so far just trying to head off any potential issues.

How are you liking your car so far? I'm just about through my first tank of gas and my mileage has slowly crept up to 17.1 as last check. That's after some miles on the highway yesterday that brought it up from 15ish, lol.
At 13.5v, "Shut off", you DON'T need a charge!
I just filled her up after a measly 180 miles - about 13.6 mpg. I haven't been out on the highway yet. Best top gear is 5th. A VERY few times I've hit 6th at about 1,500 rpm for a minute or two.
I was a bit surprised that I started to get warnings at 1/4 tank. I wonder if that is standard or just because I'm getting such pathetic mileage?
Loving the drive and the sound. Quiet in the HOA and Normal everywhere else.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
At 13.5v, "Shut off", you DON'T need a charge!
I just filled her up after a measly 180 miles - about 13.6 mpg. I haven't been out on the highway yet. Best top gear is 5th. A VERY few times I've hit 6th at about 1,500 rpm for a minute or two.
I was a bit surprised that I started to get warnings at 1/4 tank. I wonder if that is standard or just because I'm getting such pathetic mileage?
Loving the drive and the sound. Quiet in the HOA and Normal everywhere else.
The 13.5V reading was with the car running. I just checked and the NOCO has moved onto the 2nd red block so as least I know it's working and it must be charging the battery. My fuel light came on and chimed and alerted me when it said I had 50 miles until empty. I'm going to fill it up with premium so that should feel good on the old pocketbook,lol.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 13.5V reading was with the car running. I just checked and the NOCO has moved onto the 2nd red block so as least I know it's working and it must be charging the battery. My fuel light came on and chimed and alerted me when it said I had 50 miles until empty. I'm going to fill it up with premium so that should feel good on the old pocketbook,lol.
13.5 v engine running - GOOD.
That was about the same mileage I was at when I was warned to fill up - 93 Octane - $55.00!

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
13.5 v engine running - GOOD.
That was about the same mileage I was at when I was warned to fill up - 93 Octane - $55.00!
Glad to hear that my battery appears to be in good shape. Do you remember how much per gallon you paid? For some reason the premium gas around me (in Michigan) is normally at least $1.00 more than regular 87. It only used to be around a .20 upcharge for premium around me before COVID,etc.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear that my battery appears to be in good shape. Do you remember how much per gallon you paid? For some reason the premium gas around me (in Michigan) is normally at least $1.00 more than regular 87. It only used to be around a .20 upcharge for premium around me before COVID,etc.
$4.419 per gallon Shell 93 octane.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just received the replacement NOCO 5 from Amazon and it works as it should, the other was a a dud right out of the box - confirmed!
Great!
Sponsored