• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Battery Tender?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Yes and went back and put our old tender on it and worked as it should.

If the NOCO is hooked up correctly the LED charge shows which ours does, however it doesn’t move from the 1/4 charge in 7 hours. It has the red pulse at a 1/4 charge after 7 hours. The battery was at 12.62 volts prior to charging and the same after 7 hours - it’s not working
Yes and went back and put our old tender on it and worked as it should.

If the NOCO is hooked up correctly the LED charge shows which ours does, however it doesn’t move from the 1/4 charge in 7 hours. It has the red pulse at a 1/4 charge after 7 hours. The battery was at 12.62 volts prior to charging and the same after 7 hours - it’s not working
Can you check the battery voltage WHILE you are charging? If so, is it different that without the charger connected?
In any case, it sounds like return time.
Sponsored

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Can you check the battery voltage WHILE you are charging? If so, is it different that without the charger connected?
In any case, it sounds like return time.
I checked while charging and zero difference

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just bought the NOCO 5A unit and I plan to try it out this week (hopefully I don't get a dud). Anyway I've never used one of these devices but I remember reading a post possibly by @DCS about how to hook it up without removing the battery cover (I think). Hopefully I can find that post or someone can help me out about how to properly hook it up to the Mustang?

I've had my GT going on two weeks now and knock on wood I haven't had any issues with it but I only have a little over 200 miles on it. I will be sure and check the battery voltage before I put it on the charger and we'll see what happens. Also maybe a stupid question but I guess it's ok to just leave the hood up on the Mustang while the charger is doing it's thing even if it takes 48 hours or whatever?
You can't miss the RED plastic cover on the left side of the engine when you are facing it.
Pop that cover off and you will see the Positive charging/jumping connection. The Negative post is on the Left strut tower.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I just bought the NOCO 5A unit and I plan to try it out this week (hopefully I don't get a dud). Anyway I've never used one of these devices but I remember reading a post possibly by @DCS about how to hook it up without removing the battery cover (I think). Hopefully I can find that post or someone can help me out about how to properly hook it up to the Mustang?

I've had my GT going on two weeks now and knock on wood I haven't had any issues with it but I only have a little over 200 miles on it. I will be sure and check the battery voltage before I put it on the charger and we'll see what happens. Also maybe a stupid question but I guess it's ok to just leave the hood up on the Mustang while the charger is doing it's thing even if it takes 48 hours or whatever?
It's really easy. pop up the little red plastic cover on the battery positive terminal. Attached red or positive clamp from charger. Then attach the black or negative clamp to the post on top of the one of the bolts on the strut tower, or any other good hunk of metal you can find. Then plug in the charger. Make sure it's set to AGM or is compatible with AGM batteries. That's about it. Let it sit and yes hood up is fine.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup! Return time. Sorry to hear this.
Yesterday was dump day so being super efficient I broke up the the box for recycling. I made a bad assumption that it was new, what could go wrong? I requested a swap from Amazon so hopefully the new one works and I’ll send this one back in the new box.
I heard good reviews about this so hopefully it’s just a fluke.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
You can't miss the RED plastic cover on the left side of the engine when you are facing it.
Pop that cover off and you will see the Positive charging/jumping connection. The Negative post is on the Left strut tower.
Thanks for the info. Any issue with leaving the hood open for a couple days if that's how long it takes to charge? I don't recall there being any sort of light that comes on when the hood is up?

I guess I'll have to figure out if the charger is working once it's hooked up Hopefully I don't get a dud like @TUnica

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
It's really easy. pop up the little red plastic cover on the battery positive terminal. Attached red or positive clamp from charger. Then attach the black or negative clamp to the post on top of the one of the bolts on the strut tower, or any other good hunk of metal you can find. Then plug in the charger. Make sure it's set to AGM or is compatible with AGM batteries. That's about it. Let it sit and yes hood up is fine.
Just saw your post after I was typing out a reply to @DCS. Thanks for the idiot proof instructions to both of you:)

Reactions: DCS
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yesterday was dump day so being super efficient I broke up the the box for recycling. I made a bad assumption that it was new, what could go wrong? I requested a swap from Amazon so hopefully the new one works and I’ll send this one back in the new box.
I heard good reviews about this so hopefully it’s just a fluke.
Amazon buy? If so, they "usually" don't need the box back when you drop it off at UPS.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP

As DCS said the red cover (+) is pretty obvious... look in the manual for jump starting... same connection points.
I close the hood on mine while on the charger... make sure the clamps are laid down and route the wire out above the headlight and you can close the hood.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazon buy? If so, they "usually" don't need the box back when you drop it off at UPS.
Hmm, Amazon instructions say to box it up in its original packaging but some packages com to near distraction for opening, hopefully it will be a one in done swap🤞

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw your post after I was typing out a reply to @DCS. Thanks for the idiot proof instructions to both of you:)
You're welcome. Mine took about 4-5 hours to fully charge. I very much doubt yours will take much longer if you have been driving it regularly.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
You're welcome. Mine took about 4-5 hours to fully charge. I very much doubt yours will take much longer if you have been driving it regularly.
I have let it sit for a couple days without driving it on a few occasions but not bad I guess. Does the NOCO tell you the % charged when you first hook it up? I'll going for a little drive in a bit and I'll check my battery voltage before I put it on the charger.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have let it sit for a couple days without driving it on a few occasions but not bad I guess. Does the NOCO tell you the % charged when you first hook it up? I'll going for a little drive in a bit and I'll check my battery voltage before I put it on the charger.
Not sure exactly which NOCO you are using but mine has a series of four lights that indicate 25%, 50%, 75%, full charge. So it will sort of tell you but I wouldn't base too much on that. Seems like no matter what it starts on 25 and works up from there.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Not sure exactly which NOCO you are using but mine has a series of four lights that indicate 25%, 50%, 75%, full charge. So it will sort of tell you but I wouldn't base too much on that. Seems like no matter what it starts on 25 and works up from there.
Well I just put it on the charger a few minutes ago so we'll see what happens. When I pulled my car in the garage it said my battery was at 13.5V which I think is good? No harm in making sure she's fully charged plus I can make sure the new NOCO I bought is working, lol.
Sponsored