• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Battery Tender?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
This is just to get over the initial low battery charge issues.
^ This. Or if it's not a daily driver.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Leave the charger on for a while. Mine took about 48 hours (not continuous) to go to green. A few times since I have put the charger on and it takes 4 hours to go from 25 to 100% (green).
Isn’t it supposed to progress from 1/4 to 1/2 to 3/4 to full? It hasn’t moved in 7 hours and the battery was far from depleted?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn’t it supposed to progress from 1/4 to 1/2 to 3/4 to full? It hasn’t moved in 7 hours and the battery was far from depleted?
That’s not good!

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s not good!
My guess is it’s defective

My Battery Tender worked fine on it but based on the reviews the Noco (on paper) seemed like it would be better. I honestly think it doesn’t work right out of the box.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
If you got it from Amazon return it. There were some reviews that people had problems with. Too many of these manufactures let the consumer be QC.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you got it from Amazon return it. There were some reviews that people had problems with. Too many of these manufactures let the consumer be QC.
I did. I’ve reached out to Noco, unfortunately I already tossed the box so returning to vender probably won’t work

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is it’s defective

My Battery Tender worked fine on it but based on the reviews the Noco (on paper) seemed like it would be better. I honestly think it doesn’t work right out of the box.
Sounds like it’s time to return it.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Stupid question but are you sure it's hooked up right? Good connection to the positive terminal and a ground?

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stupid question but are you sure it's hooked up right? Good connection to the positive terminal and a ground?
Yes and went back and put our old tender on it and worked as it should.

If the NOCO is hooked up correctly the LED charge shows which ours does, however it doesn’t move from the 1/4 charge in 7 hours. It has the red pulse at a 1/4 charge after 7 hours. The battery was at 12.62 volts prior to charging and the same after 7 hours - it’s not working

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
If I have my NOCO charging the battery showing full charge/maintain and I open one of the doors the charger will start charging from the begining. It will cycle through the steps for about 10 minutes until it reaches maintain again.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I have my NOCO charging the battery showing full charge/maintain and I open one of the doors the charger will start charging from the begining. It will cycle through the steps for about 10 minutes until it reaches maintain again.
This never moves and the voltage doesn’t change, nothing is happening unfortunately.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
This never moves and the voltage doesn’t change, nothing is happening unfortunately.
How’s the inline fuse?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I just bought the NOCO 5A unit and I plan to try it out this week (hopefully I don't get a dud). Anyway I've never used one of these devices but I remember reading a post possibly by @DCS about how to hook it up without removing the battery cover (I think). Hopefully I can find that post or someone can help me out about how to properly hook it up to the Mustang?

I've had my GT going on two weeks now and knock on wood I haven't had any issues with it but I only have a little over 200 miles on it. I will be sure and check the battery voltage before I put it on the charger and we'll see what happens. Also maybe a stupid question but I guess it's ok to just leave the hood up on the Mustang while the charger is doing it's thing even if it takes 48 hours or whatever?
Sponsored