• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Mustang GT ride quality without MagneRide suspension ?

ILoveTacos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Can anyone who's taken delivery of a base GT without the MageRide suspension attest to ride quality? I know it's a sport car but wondering how it compares to the previous model.
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I test drove a base GT last week and thought the ride was good. I went on normal town streets as well as expressways. I was surprised overall with the car as a whole. The dash refections that I was concerned with didn't show to be a problem.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
With or without performance Package?

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I have a base 6spd and it rides really nice.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Here’s my take on the whole suspension dilemma most of us face. For perspective, I have owned a 16 GT350, 18 GT PP1, 20 Bullitt w/Magneride and a 22 Mach 1 Magneride.

If you are just using the GT as a daily driver/weekend fun car, the base suspension is quite capable to handle the curvy roads and blasts down the on-ramps. I say add some Steeda IRS braces and you are good to go.

Magneride or PP is really for the guys & gals who do auto cross, track days or drag strip. I personally never felt the Magneride was all that effective or noticeable on the street. I would rather spend the money on aftermarket shocks and springs for way less that $1,750 To sharpen the ride.

Just my .02

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
I have a base 6spd and it rides really nice.
Ditto, my previous car was a VW Jetta GLI and the Mustang feels much smoother over bumps but not necessarily soft. It's perfect IMO
Sponsored