• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic COTUS Checker

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Mine did that after it was built. It went to in transit for a day or so then back to awaiting shipment.
How long did it take to go back to in transit? And how long did it take to get from the plant to CA? I've heard about 10 days :shrug:
Sponsored

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
You let that baby sing at 7000+ RPM yet? I literally left the dealer with a 7200 RPM power shift lol.
My intention was to wait for the breakin period but after the 3rd light leaving the dealership I hit the on ramp to the highway downshifted twice and the tires were screaming at 45. from that point forward, i just try hard not to drive like an asshat. sometimes i am successful. sometimes not so much :shrug:

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
How long did it take to go back to in transit? And how long did it take to get from the plant to CA? I've heard about 10 days :shrug:
I found the old cotus checker e-mails. After mine was built, it went to in transit on 3/31. On 4/2, it went to awaiting shipment. On 4/3, it went back to in transit. My car arrived at the rail yard on 4/10 I believe. It sat there for a week before it was delivered to the dealership on 4/17.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP and 1964.5 Mustang
My intention was to wait for the breakin period but after the 3rd light leaving the dealership I hit the on ramp to the highway downshifted twice and the tires were screaming at 45. from that point forward, i just try hard not to drive like an asshat. sometimes i am successful. sometimes not so much :shrug:
Yup, I've had the same problem. and that A10 makes it easy to do. Especially when used in sport mode!! Dropped the hammer a couple of times, looked in the mirror and saw lots of those very expensive tires left on the road. That cured me from doing it very often!!!

Gary

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I think it's cool how so many of us who have suffered together waiting are getting are cars literally within days of each other. :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Great, isn't it? I'm getting mine after work!

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe
I think it's cool how so many of us who have suffered together waiting are getting our cars literally within days of each other. :cheers::cheers::cheers:
You said it brother. Mine (actually the bride's) arrived today. Of course "we don't do PDI's on Saturday", but that's OK, at least it's here. The panels, bumpers, and doors are aligned perfectly, but then I got to the hood. Dang thing ain't centered worth a damn, but my sales guy said they would take care of it during the PDI. That's cool, he's been great at working with me during this process. It should be ready by Tuesday, and of course it's supposed to rain all day. My dear bride ain't to happy about that. :)

I'll get some pics up when the stars align, and we have a nice day.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The scuff is hardly noticeable and definitely not noticeable from the drivers seat when I'm banging gears lol. My first road trip will probably be to South Lake Tahoe in a few weeks. Gotta feel some lateral G's through the Mountains.

What's funny is my wife wanted me to get a Focus ST, we even test drove them 2 or 3 times. They're nice cars but that low end turbo torque kinda sucks. I like the top end surge of the new 5.0 x 1000000000000 over a 4 cylinder turbo. I even had a deposit on a Focus RS but that fell through when the dealer tried to add a ADM at buying time. Even at MSRP for the RS my PP2 came out to only $1200 more OTD.

The Gen III 5.0 feels plenty torquey to me. Almost like a LS2 but the top end is ridiculous. I honestly don't know if the Bullitt with 480 HP will even be noticeable.
I was actually considering a Focus RS before I pulled the trigger on a Mustang. I test drove one about a year ago and loved it, but the price is what held me back. None of the dealerships in my area would sell one without the ADM. Paying a few thousand more for a GT over the RS is pretty much a no brainer. I'm pretty sure I would've had buyers remorse had I bought an RS over a Mustang.

The Bullitt looks pretty nice, but I don't think 20 extra HP is going to be noticeable. I want take mine up to the local mountains, but it snowed last week so I'm not sure how much is left now. The road I really want to drive is Highway 180 to Cedar Grove in Kings Canyon National Park. Have any mods planned for yours?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I ruined my Mach 1 by modding it. I changed shocks, struts, springs, lower control arms, wheels, cai, tune, exhaust and by the time I did all this it rode like crap, wasn't that fast, way too loud, still handled like a truck etc.

For only $12k more than I paid 14.5 years ago for the Mach 1 the PP2 is 10X's the car. I might do a Steeda X pipe, BMR CB005, BMR CB006 and that's it. What's your mod plans?
I'm afraid the X-Pipe might make it raspy. If I do headers, I think I'll go H-Pipe to deepen the sound. I also want to see how the PP2 does with wheel hop before I do anything for that. I'm hoping it might not be too bad.

My first mods will be Weathertech liners, jacking rails, and probably clutch spring and catch can. I keep telling myself I'm not going to get carried away with this car, but it's kind of an addiction.

djldoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Let's see....mods...weather tech mats...air freshener....ummmm...jk

Maybe C&L racer cold air intake and ACT X4 tuner...get the hp up a bit...other than that...might just leave it be

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I ruined my Mach 1 by modding it. I changed shocks, struts, springs, lower control arms, wheels, cai, tune, exhaust and by the time I did all this it rode like crap, wasn't that fast, way too loud, still handled like a truck etc.

For only $12k more than I paid 14.5 years ago for the Mach 1 the PP2 is 10X's the car. I might do a Steeda X pipe, BMR CB005, BMR CB006 and that's it. What's your mod plans?
Right now, I'm just going to do small stuff. I got the more heavy duty Mustang mats from a Ford dealership on eBay. I changed the side marker lights to the LED ones from Diode Dynamics. I am going to change out the rest of the interior bulbs to LED soon. I'm taking off the chrome 5.0 badge and replacing it with the black one. I'm taking my car in this week to get the windows tinted. I'm still undecided on the exhaust. I thought about an x pipe but I don't like the raspy sound.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boom new cotus email EDD moved up from 5/12 to 5/1 :headbang::clap2:

djldoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Boom new cotus email EDD moved up from 5/12 to 5/1 :headbang::clap2:

WHAAAATTTTT...

God I hope this happens to me...EDD originally 5/27...down to 5/22, blend date is 4/25....with any luck, my date will be moved up as well

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Order 12-26 2017, Blend, 4-19 EDD 5-7-18. :frusty: But good for you.:cheers: I have almost the same car, only Lighting blue and no Shaker Pro.
Lee

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that's a nice jump in your EDD. Hopefully it stays that way.
Just confirmed with Ford Perfromance chat this morning, car is on the train passing thru Iowa eta to dealer is 4/29-5/1 :D
Sponsored