• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Lock when walk away?

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Past cars I had would auto lock with the FOB in you pocket walking away. I haven't found that option or I missed it. Does that feature exist in the S650?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Nothing in the documentation of the S650 indicates this is an available feature. You could read through the owners manual to double check.

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Nothing in the documentation of the S650 indicates this is an available feature. You could read through the owners manual to double check.
That manual is so basic compared to all the actual features and settings. It is really just a summary.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Passive locking?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
The proximity sensors know the key fob is close, but the closest thing to Auto-Lock is to touch the door handle sensor:
S650 Mustang Auto Lock when walk away? SmartSelect_20230902_201050_Adobe Acrobat

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Ha!
It is pretty strange it doesn't have it because I know the car knows the proximity of the FOB due to the welcome lights. Enjoy that E ;)
Tbh thatā€™s gonna be a hard habit to break (car auto locking when walking away), hopefully they find a way to push an ota with the function. Like you mentioned proximity seems to already be in place for unlocking.

Walking away and hearing the quick honk of confirmation is very handy.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've never studied this feature, but I believe I have it or some variant of it.

If washing the car with the FOB in my pocket, the doors will lock/unlock (maybe just unlocking repeatedly) depending on how close I am, often without touching the handle, sometimes when walking away. It's weird, so I just set the FOB off to the side. I think it's wigging out from the going back-and-forth.

While on the topic, consider purchasing a pair of Faraday pouches, one for each FOB, to isolate them when not in use.

Last edited:

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
Tbh thatā€™s gonna be a hard habit to break (car auto locking when walking away), hopefully they find a way to push an ota with the function. Like you mentioned proximity seems to already be in place for unlocking.

My sonā€™s 2017 Civic sedan had this feature, and he didnā€™t have the loaded up version. The horn does a quick beep as he walks away.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
If washing the car with the FOB in my pocket, the doors will lock/unlock (maybe just unlocking repeatedly) depending on how close I am, often without touching the handle, sometimes when walking away. It's weird, so I just set the FOB off to the side. I think it's wigging out from the going back-and-forth.
That is the water coming in contact with the door handle. All my Fords, with touch lock/unlock, have done this.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Well good news and bad news.

Good news - Yes, the Mustang has walk away locking.
Bad news- Itā€™s the Mustang Mach-E

Thatā€™s good. I donā€™t want my car locking or unlocking itself. I think if it is set up like the Audi was, I can lock and unlock on my cell phone. Thatā€™s something else I have to do yet

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

I donā€™t have mine set up to honk. These days it is just a habit Iā€™m in to lock doors. Too many morons that want to steal anything they can get their hands on instead of working and buying things themselves
Sponsored