• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Android Auto/SirusXM/Pandora

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
I'm writing this hoping someone has a solution or work around for being able to select one of your preset channels on SirusXM by using the button on your steering wheel. All it does is change to the next song on the same channel (fast forward). Using voice commands will hear that it changed it to another channel but the screen still shows the previous channel. It is so aggravating!! This is 2024!!! Why do these programs not work better together?!! For the first four months I just used Sync 4 but it kept dropping my Pandora connection. Pandora seems to work fine with Android Auto.
Sponsored

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My voice command to change to another XM channel works fine, and the screen confirms the change in seconds. You can also hear the song abruptly change to something different.
Humm....not sure why my screen keeps the previous station. So, I'm assuming you cannot use your steering wheel controls to select the next preset station?

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
In my Gladiator, there is a button on the BACK of the left hand side of the steering wheel that allows me to change to my next preset station, not just the next station in the line up. I just looked through the 2024 Mustang GT owners manual and it seems no such control exists. The only available choice seems to be selecting the next available station, not your preset.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Humm....not sure why my screen keeps the previous station. So, I'm assuming you cannot use your steering wheel controls to select the next preset station?
Frankly, I've never tried using steering wheel controls to change the station. Next time I'm out, I'll try to remember to check.

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frankly, I've never tried using steering wheel controls to change the station. Next time I'm out, I'll try to remember to check.
When I use just SYNC 4, I am able to select the next preset station by pressing the right arrow on my steering wheel.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
I'm writing this hoping someone has a solution or work around for being able to select one of your preset channels on SirusXM by using the button on your steering wheel. All it does is change to the next song on the same channel (fast forward). Using voice commands will hear that it changed it to another channel but the screen still shows the previous channel. It is so aggravating!! This is 2024!!! Why do these programs not work better together?!! For the first four months I just used Sync 4 but it kept dropping my Pandora connection. Pandora seems to work fine with Android Auto.
When I first received my 24 GT, I was able use the directional arrows on the steering wheel to change the FM radio stations AND all my preset stations on sirius xm radio. It was a great option which I enjoyed until I had an update from sirius xm. After that update, I was no longer able to use the steering wheel to access my favorite xm channels, only the FM channels. 😱😫🤬

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I first received my 24 GT, I was able use the directional arrows on the steering wheel to change the FM radio stations AND all my preset stations on sirius xm radio. It was a great option which I enjoyed until I had an update from sirius xm. After that update, I was no longer able to use the steering wheel to access my favorite xm channels, only the FM channels. 😱😫🤬
Why would they change it? That's aggravating! Was this using the Android Auto?

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
I did try it today, and it cycles through the presets like the other poster said. What I did was set up my 4 favorite XM channels in a row, and then I can jump between them from the steering wheel. The screen changes within a second or so.

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did try it today, and it cycles through the presets like the other poster said. What I did was set up my 4 favorite XM channels in a row, and then I can jump between them from the steering wheel. The screen changes within a second or so.
I am able to do this through Sync 4 but not through Android Auto. Previous poster did say that he was able to do this through Android Auto till there was an XM update. Sounds like SirusXM is the problem.

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I could never get SirusXM in AA to let me select through my presets, I unchecked it under the customizer launcher under AA settings. Now, I just use Sync 4 to select my preset stations on SirusXM. Android Auto & SirusXM should work better together!!
Sponsored