• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wireless Android Auto & Fullscreen Support

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Has anyone seen and videos or posts related to the infotainment system supporting Wireless Android Auto and Fullscreen support? My fiance recently bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie fully loaded that supports wireless android auto but unfortunately the massive 12 inch screen only uses the top half when you connect android auto. If you connect an apple device of course it goes fullscreen LOL. I have another friend who just bought a new WRX and his screen only shows android auto on top half and no wireless support :-(
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Sadly no, I haven’t seen any videos showing any third party infotainment screens I really wanna see how CarPlay looks

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I would imagine it would utilize the entire screen, given that it has a horizontal aspect ratio. Any other layout would be mind-boggling.

As for wireless, not sure. I've driven many cars that tout wireless AA and CP support but the second I disconnected the USB cord it stopped functioning. Maybe I don't know how to use it?

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I would imagine it would utilize the entire screen, given that it has a horizontal aspect ratio. Any other layout would be mind-boggling.

As for wireless, not sure. I've driven many cars that tout wireless AA and CP support but the second I disconnected the USB cord it stopped functioning. Maybe I don't know how to use it?
I don't recall having to do anything special to get it to work in the Ram Truck. Once i disconnected the usb cable the AA sort of paused and then left off where it was. Now anytime i jump in the car it just connects like magic. I can't imagine using it any other way :-)

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP

yea in my dads Ram 1500 you just connect it via Bluetooth then click the CarPlay icon and it connects no cable necessary

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang

I very recently (this past weekend) drove a new Ford Edge as a rental, and the android auto worked seamlessely when wireless. I was actually confused when i toook it off the usb 😂😂. So i would hope that it's the same for the new mustang, especially since we can apparently charge it wirelessly too.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I very recently (this past weekend) drove a new Ford Edge as a rental, and the android auto worked seamlessely when wireless. I was actually confused when i toook it off the usb 😂😂. So i would hope that it's the same for the new mustang, especially since we can apparently charge it wirelessly too.
That's good to hear. I did see on the window sticker it says wireless charger which just means that there is an area that you stick your phone onto and it will basically wireless charge / induction charge the phone if your phone supports that.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Nah, it's probably an issue with my phone. It does a lot of janky things so I wouldn't be surprised if this was also a me issue. 😅

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Well this doesn't show anything for Android but this does show fullscreen support for IOS

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I am not familiar with Android Auto, is it possible there might be a setting for it to use the full screen. I have a Samsung Tablet (Coincidentally 12.4"), that displays apps using just the center of the screen (Portrait in Lanscape position) like it is a phone. But they can be changed to fullscreen. Let's hope so.

S650 Mustang Wireless Android Auto & Fullscreen Support Screenshot_20230720_200726_Settings

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Well at least now we know for sure that the 2024 will support Wireless Android Auto...Fullscreen support is still questionable. Screenshot taken from 2024 Owners Manual

S650 Mustang Wireless Android Auto & Fullscreen Support 1692104752452

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
I am willing to bet it will have fullscreen support. They added it as an OTA update for the F150's as when I got my Raptor it didn't initially go full screen.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2012 Volvo S60 T6
Tested a 2024 ecoboost premium with android auto. It worked both wireless and fullscreen. It was snappier than the carplay video I saw. Another bonus was that pinch to zoom worked, where as the video I saw for iPhone did not. I also noticed that you can set one phone for calls and stuff, and have another phone controlling and streaming audio.
Sponsored