• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone's S650 come with some scratches/swirls from the dealership?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Also, another perspective I have about this subject is that most folks aren't nearly as OCD about these things

Sure, I personally may know there's a scuff here or there. But the average joe on the street will not notice them, let alone go.out of their way to find them.

As long as the car looks good enough for them to gawk at or compliment it (which is part of the reason we're buying a Mustang in the first place, to show off), I'm not going to lose sleep over minor imperfections that don't immediately meet the eyes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Abubatata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Being a black car, the slightest imperfections will show much stronger than other colors. Difficult to say where the swirls might have occurred. I'd be speculating.

Yes. Even a minor paint correction can work miracles and often result in a stunning finish.

In your example, I'd seek out a good detail shop, have them do a light paint correction, something that'd be done before a ceramic coat or PPF. If you find things which are more significant, file a claim before to long. I had three days to make a claim against the dealer or the transporter.

For those due to pick up your vehicles, perform a thorough inspection, preferably in a darkened area with a torch. Let the dealer know that, other than the PDI, do not touch the car. Do not wash it. Do not "detail" it.

The people cleaning cars after they come off the truck, they're detailers in name only; they use cheap materials, cheap practices and the same dirty sponges and towels over and over again across every car.

My car arrived with several minor imperfections, one from the dealer prep person dragging their muddy boot across the footwell. Two from the transportation process, people opening the door against something, parking to close to something. One from the "detailer" and a dirty towel.

I took the car as-is, fixed half the issues myself, the others, repaired by a shop before installation of PPF.
good advice, im definitely gonna get it paint corrected and a ceramic coat

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
Before your car arrives at your dealership, make sure that they either have a touch less car wash or will wash it by hand if not. I use to work at a Lexus dealership that used a car wash machine where it'd definitely scratch a cars finish, especially in Winter when our roads are covered with salt and sand. A black car will especially show any kind of imperfections.

Ooboo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT 350; ‘20 Aviator; '21 RAM TRX
Picked up my GT PP in black and its an amazing car. Can't help but notice some scratches here and there. Is this normal for a new car (this is my first new car). Would a paint correct get this sorted?
I took delivery of a new black GT350 in 2019 from a dealer 4 hours away. I didn't notice any scratches until the first time I washed her, and it was obvious that dealer staff must have used a brush and bucket for the prep as the plastic rear valance had some scratches. I've just lived with it mainly because they're not that bad and the distance from the selling dealer. I'm the only one that even knows they're there, and I may still replace the valance with one from Shelby that looks pretty cool. I'm certainly in no mood to get rid of the car anytime soon as IMHO the S550 GT350 is the pinnacle of Mustang world. 2 years ago, I took delivery of a new black TRX also with some scratches. I caught those at the walk around and they promptly fixed them and gave a discount on paint correction. If your dealer is nearby, I would definitely address the issue with them and ask for suggestions for a solution. Maybe they'll chip in on a paint correction for you? Doesn't hurt to ask. Either way, good luck and enjoy your ride.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I've had many new cars in my lifetime and I don't ever remember taking delivery of one that didn't have some swirl marks or a very minor scratch or two. We didn't have the car care products back in the 60's and 70's that we have now. I remember washing my cars back then with dish soap. 😳 When I bought my first Corvette I bought an orbital buffer and a bunch of car care products. Removing swirls and small scratches with an orbital buffer is pretty simple. I've got a Flex orbital buffer that's amazing. Unfortunately, I have a bad shoulder and don't use it much anymore. My car is going in on Monday for a complete exterior detailing and ceramic coating.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
mine had em in the rear bumper.... paint correction took it out no prob.

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I never let a dealer prep new cars. They cause more damage because they are not professional detailers. I picked my car up and it went straight to my detail shop for a basic paint correction, ppf film, and Ceramic pro Ultimate Ion. Looks amazing and now the paint is better than from the factory and it will stay that way.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Yes. I've bought other vehicles from other manufacturer's and it's the same. All have been taken to a reputable detailer after purchase.

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Yes - mine has some light swirls from day 1, also black. Also has a rattle from day 1. Also wouldn’t start with less than 200 miles on it, battery replaced. Chalked it up to being a good ole American muscle car, going to have some defects. But, it sure is fun to drive!

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Had a dent in mine in front of the passenger rear tire. Right on the lip where it rolls into the quarter panel. They had a paint touch up and dent guy work on it. Did a great job and hard to tell it was there now. The dealership thought I was being to picky. Acted like I was a pain in there ass wanting the dent removed. When time to put the tag on my car they suggested I do it because they didn't want to "scratch my car". I said not a problem, I wouldn't have let you do it anyway. They couldn't believe I told them not to wash it and to let me take off all the plastic. Acted like I was a problem. The less hands on the car that don't give a damn, the less problems in the paint.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I had the paint professionally corrected on mine after I took delivery. I wasn't real bad, but it was driving me crazy.

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 gt premium performance package vapor blue
My gt premium performance pack came with some light swirls after they took it off the show room floor to get it ready for me

Sucks but at the end of the day it's a mustang, I'm going to enjoy it a lot more when I'm not stressing over swirls i can't see from the inside. Car still looks good

In my opinion, the dash is worse than any scratch ding or swirl on the outside

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Had a dent in mine in front of the passenger rear tire. Right on the lip where it rolls into the quarter panel. They had a paint touch up and dent guy work on it. Did a great job and hard to tell it was there now. The dealership thought I was being to picky. Acted like I was a pain in there ass wanting the dent removed. When time to put the tag on my car they suggested I do it because they didn't want to "scratch my car". I said not a problem, I wouldn't have let you do it anyway. They couldn't believe I told them not to wash it and to let me take off all the plastic. Acted like I was a problem. The less hands on the car that don't give a damn, the less problems in the paint.
Just how I think it should be too...I love this!
Sponsored