• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone with the PP switch to ceramic brake pads yet?

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Just curious if anyone has switched out their OEM pads for low dust ceramic pads. The OEM pads give off a ton of brake dust.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
On my 2021 i had switched to Powerstops, dust was gone...

Waiting for them to list the 2024 i'll likely order those again.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Switched mine out on my Grand Cherokee SRT. The brake dust was absolutely incredible. Ceramics took care of the dust but they do tend to "sing" a lot more than regular pads. Kind of embarrassing backing out of the driveway when they get to squealing.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Any pad updates? Are the 2023 pads the same?
Good question. I haven't seen anything on new pads. My car is in storage, so I have a few months to make a decision. I'll probably go with PowerStop. I've had good luck with them in the past.

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
Good question. I haven't seen anything on new pads. My car is in storage, so I have a few months to make a decision. I'll probably go with PowerStop. I've had good luck with them in the past.
Part of me thinks they’re the same as the 2023’s. They sell the brembo brake kit that works on both so the pads should too I’m guessing. These OEM pads are killing me. I’m EASY on braking and it just smokes the wheels in dust. Thankfully they’re coated.

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
I can't stand the dust. Does anyone know if the GT350 front pads will work on the S650 Rotors/Caliper? I think the GT350 rotors are 394mm by 36mm, and 2024 are 390mm by 36. not sure if the calipers are different or not. I'm looking at modular motor sports G-LOC pads, but cannot determine if they'll fit on the 2024 PP.

https://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1434

https://www.modularmotorsportsracin...n_page=product_info&cPath=87&products_id=1433

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
According to the Hawk website, their ceramic pads for the 2015-2023 Ford Mustang GT with the performance package won't fit the 2024 Mustang GT. It would be nice if some of these manufacturers would chime in with the difference between the '23 and '24.

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
According to the Hawk website, their ceramic pads for the 2015-2023 Ford Mustang GT with the performance package won't fit the 2024 Mustang GT. It would be nice if some of these manufacturers would chime in with the difference between the '23 and '24.
Agreed. I ordered some EBC’s that said they work then they called and refunded. Used the excuse of the back order then said they won’t work lol.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
BRAKE PAD UPDATE

Trying to find out if the if the big brake pads on the '24 GT are the same as those on the '23 GT has turned into quite the adventure. Everyone I've contacted believes that they aren't the same, but aren't completely sure. I finally decided to contact Ford directly and see if they know the answer. The person I spoke to indicated that the part numbers for the pads on the '23 and '24 are different, so she didn't believe they're the some. I find it hard to believe that someone out there doesn't have the answer. If anyone reading this can answer the question, would you please chime in.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
BRAKE PAD UPDATE

Trying to find out if the if the big brake pads on the '24 GT are the same as those on the '23 GT has turned into quite the adventure. Everyone I've contacted believes that they aren't the same, but aren't completely sure. I finally decided to contact Ford directly and see if they know the answer. The person I spoke to indicated that the part numbers for the pads on the '23 and '24 are different, so she didn't believe they're the some. I find it hard to believe that someone out there doesn't have the answer. If anyone reading this can answer the question, would you please chime in.
Compared to 23 performance pack brakes, the front calipers are different and the rotors have a larger face. That would require a larger sized pad. The rear setup is completely different from 23 to 24

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Compared to 23 performance pack brakes, the front calipers are different and the rotors have a larger face. That would require a larger sized pad. The rear setup is completely different from 23 to 24
I guess my next question would be is anyone going to make ceramic pads for the '24 GT.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I wash my car almost weekly so I don’t notice a lot of brake dust. However, we just put almost 300 miles on the car and the rims barely have any dust on them. How long are you guys driving before washing your car? These stock pads put off less dust than most cars I’ve had. This is off the front wheel.

edit: I don’t have the PP option

S650 Mustang Anyone with the PP switch to ceramic brake pads yet? IMG_6120
Sponsored

Last edited: