• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OEM Brake Pads gotta go, where the Ceramic’s at?

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
As you probably know, the OEM brake pads for the Brembo’s emit dust like it’s their sole purpose in life. My wheels are coated and easy to clean but still, I’m not going to put up with all the dust.

I tried looking for aftermarket pads such as Hawk’s Ceramic pads, and haven’t found anything out there. I’m curious to see what everyone else has to say, as it’s odd to me that there aren’t any options yet available.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on pads that will still stop/performance well, have low dust characteristics and don’t make noise, please drop a recommendation in the comments. Thank you!

Professional shot of my GT PP wheels to boot.

S650 Mustang OEM Brake Pads gotta go, where the Ceramic’s at? dsc08312
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
If you can find Akebono brake pads that fit your car, definitely recommend them.

OP
OP

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can find Akebono brake pads that fit your car, definitely recommend them.
Funny you say that. Akebono brake pads are made in my home town of Elizabethtown, KY. That location will be closing down in 2025, unfortunately. Just heard during my last vacation there in October.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Yes, the OEM pads are terrible. The amount of dust they create is unbelievable. Probably going with PowerStop ceramic pads in the spring. (If they come out with them.) If not, I'll find some other brand. Had them on both of my Z06's. I hate dirty wheels.

OP
OP

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the OEM pads are terrible. The amount of dust they create is unbelievable. Probably going with PowerStop ceramic pads in the spring. (If they come out with them.) If not, I'll find some other brand. Had them on both of my Z06's. I hate dirty wheels.
I’ve seen a lot of people running PowerStop but I always thought they were a cheaper brand. Maybe they’re like Kia and started making better products! I wish Hawk offered some. Figured they would by now.

But yes, dirty wheels piss me off because I spent 2 days prepping and ceramic coating them. And clean them very well each wash but still, that dust isn’t good for paint or wheels lol.

OP
OP

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I’ve seen a lot of people running PowerStop but I always thought they were a cheaper brand. Maybe they’re like Kia and started making better products! I wish Hawk offered some. Figured they would by now.

But yes, dirty wheels piss me off because I spent 2 days prepping and ceramic coating them. And clean them very well each wash but still, that dust isn’t good for paint or wheels lol.
I ran PowerStop on my last 2 Z06's and never had a problem with them for street use. Might be a different story if you track your car. They eliminated brake dust by about 90%.

OP
OP

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran PowerStop on my last 2 Z06's and never had a problem with them for street use. Might be a different story if you track your car. They eliminated brake dust by about 90%.
Thanks for the input! I’ll go with them if they drop some pads. I should call them today. And Hawk.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Hey everyone. I've been driving PIckups for the last 25 years. Finally was able to get my dream car. I have an EcoBoost Premium Conv. with the standard brakes. Should I be looking into Ceramics as well, or is that just for the Brembos?

OP
OP

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone. I've been driving PIckups for the last 25 years. Finally was able to get my dream car. I have an EcoBoost Premium Conv. with the standard brakes. Should I be looking into Ceramics as well, or is that just for the Brembos?
You could still go with a ceramic pad or pads that emit less dust. That’s really the only concern I have also. These OEM brake pads stop and perform amazing, they just put out too much dust for me. I’m OCD and my car has to stay clean. If I were you, I’d still look into it unless the dust isn’t bad or doesn’t bother you

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
You could still go with a ceramic pad or pads that emit less dust. That’s really the only concern I have also. These OEM brake pads stop and perform amazing, they just put out too much dust for me. I’m OCD and my car has to stay clean. If I were you, I’d still look into it unless the dust isn’t bad or doesn’t bother you
That's why I had my wheels ceramic'd when I did the car, and again when I replaced the wheels. I didn't care for the dust, but I also want to keep the amazing braking performance. I look forward to hearing if anyone finds better pads for both braking and lower dust...

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
better pads for both braking and lower dust...
It's the same answer as with S550. There is nothing new under the sun.
"you need to tone it down, son" if you're overdriving the Ferodo or Z23 pads on the street.

If you haven't broken your factory pads in correctly, then do that.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
It's the same answer as with S550. There is nothing new under the sun.
Maybe, but the dust on these brakes is different (much worse) than the s550. So, while they perform great, any replacement for me needs to perform just as well or better, and lower dust will be a plus.
Sponsored