• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OEM Brake Pads gotta go, where the Ceramic’s at?

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
It's the same answer as with S550. There is nothing new under the sun.
"you need to tone it down, son" if you're overdriving the Ferodo or Z23 pads on the street.

If you haven't broken your factory pads in correctly, then do that.
None of that is applicable, nor even relevant to the point.
Sponsored

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Akebono brake pads are made in my home town of Elizabethtown, KY.
which is kinda funny since it's a Japanese brand.
None of that is applicable, nor even relevant to the point.
how not so? OP is bitching about the dustiness of the Ferodo pads. Nobody sane needs more pad for the street. The Z23/Z26 option has been the GOTO for same performance, much less dust for over 5 years.

The factory doesn't burnish the pads when shipped. Some people think they want more pad, because they haven't broken them in properly and so don't understand what the pad is capable of.

OP
OP

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
which is kinda funny since it's a Japanese brand.

how not so? OP is bitching about the dustiness of the Ferodo pads. Nobody sane needs more pad for the street. The Z23/Z26 option has been the GOTO for same performance, much less dust for over 5 years.

The factory doesn't burnish the pads when shipped. Some people think they want more pad, because they haven't broken them in properly and so don't understand what the pad is capable of.
The stock pads my PP came with perform great. They just emit too much dust for me. My wheels are ceramic coated and have 2 heavy coats and they’re cleaning up great, but still, it looks like shit and dirties up the wheels and car. I don’t need a better performing pad. Just something equal.
Yeah Akebono is closing the KY location in 2025 too lol. What are these Z23/26 pads? StopTech?