• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anti-rust treatment Mustang S650

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Oh wow, even 300 thousand dollar Ferraris come with it 😅 Not many cars come with it in America. And I'm glad, because I don't use it and I don't want to pay for it.
Every car/customer benefits from good rust protection unless you prefer a rustbucket to a solid body that lasts 30 years of service before it sees the shredder…But it seems like some players in the industry change the profit model with the push for electric and touchscreens when batteries and screens turn dark after 8 or so years and turn your investment into a total loss and you buy another I phone on wheels…In this regard I agree you dont need good rust proofing…LOL
Sponsored

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Which costumers who do not benefit from it?
Where did you get this theory from?
Customers who don't live in climates that cause vehicles to rust.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Every car/customer benefits from good rust protection unless you prefer a rustbucket to a solid body that lasts 30 years of service before it sees the shredder…But it seems like some players in the industry change the profit model with the push for electric and touchscreens when batteries and screens turn dark after 8 or so years and turn your investment into a total loss and you buy another I phone on wheels…In this regard I agree you dont need good rust proofing…LOL
Nope, people who don't live in climates that cause vehicles to rust don't need it. Never had a vehicle rust and no one has that problem here.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Does your Mustang have the material felt like covers underneath that you have to remove to change the oil,etc like the S650's do here in the US?
Am not sure, i’ll attach a picture of how low i managed to see beneath it, maybe that’ll answer the question.

S650 Mustang Anti-rust treatment Mustang S650 IMG_3806

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Customers who don't live in climates that cause vehicles to rust.
Are you even aware of what you are saying?

I want people that don't live in climates that cause rust to pay for my rust treatment?

First of all every climate causes rust my friend.
Second of all I live in Texas.
Third, I was talking about Europeans who got their car treated better from the factory than ours.
Fourth, I want our American Mustangs to be as reliable as the European ones which is not the case at this moment.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Oh wow, even 300 thousand dollar Ferraris come with it 😅 Not many cars come with it in America. And I'm glad, because I don't use it and I don't want to pay for it.
Price doesn't matter. He even talked about a cheap ass car like a standard Volkswagen.
But you loved to use the 300.000 argument to make your point valid.

It doesn't work that way.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Lack of rust protection will limit the used market.
It's a bit like in the UK it's buyers beware on a Jap import. If you're the first owner you get it treated, if you're not you hope the first import owner did it or you walk away.
10 year old JDM cars that were good on import are scrap after a year or two in the UK

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Are you even aware of what you are saying?

I want people that don't live in climates that cause rust to pay for my rust treatment?

First of all every climate causes rust my friend.
Second of all I live in Texas.
Third, I was talking about Europeans who got their car treated better from the factory than ours.
Fourth, I want our American Mustangs to be as reliable as the European ones which is not the case at this moment.
Do you not realize that if mustangs have that, price goes up? And do you realize that GTs in Europe start in the $60ks?

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Price doesn't matter. He even talked about a cheap ass car like a standard Volkswagen.
But you loved to use the 300.000 argument to make your point valid.

It doesn't work that way.
They're not putting it on there free 🙄

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Do you not realize that if mustangs have that, price goes up? And do you realize that GTs in Europe start in the $60ks?
The cost to ship cars to europe and the homologation required for a niche car is a lot more than an undercoating spray that could be applied on the production line to all ...

Also the euro base car is the GT PP, we don't get many factory options other than what exterior colour would you like your mustang in sir.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I guess you are paid by Ford to back them up instead of the costumer. There are many paid actors like you over here 😂
It's common sense... They're not going to put it on there free and not pass along the costs to the consumer. It's clear understanding how companies work isn't your forte.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
The European GT is a Premium, Performance pack, with 401A, Active Exhaust and almost all options. Just Magneride is an extra option.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
The cost to ship cars to europe and the homologation required for a niche car is a lot more than an undercoating spray that could be applied on the production line to all ...

Also the euro base car is the GT PP, we don't get many factory options other than what exterior colour would you like your mustang in sir.
GTs with the PP start in the 40s here. You're crazy if you don't think they're passing the cost of the undercoating to customers lol

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
The European GT is a Premium, Performance pack, with 401A, Active Exhaust and almost all options. Just Magneride is an extra option.
I just looked it up and they start at 69,800 lol 70k. All that would be in the mid 50s here.
Sponsored