• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anti-rust treatment Mustang S650

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
The people that want their car to stay nice still don't do it.

Why the heck would I want to drive something like a Mustang in the snow anyway? It's terrible. Sure, you can get snow tires, but you just plow chunks of snow and ice with your front bumper, slide all around, get snow inside the car from your boots, blah blah

And then once you start modifying it, it's almost pointless to drive in the rain.

Like I said, when I was younger I did it because it was the only car I had, but I'd rather not these days.

I remember all the WRX's people bought when they first came out and drove year round. They are all rusted out in the same spots on the fenders and quarters now.
Because a Mustang is to drive it, not to store it.
It's not a special limited car. It's the cheapest value for horsepower vehicle.
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Because a Mustang is to drive it, not to store it.
It's not a special limited car. It's the cheapest value for horsepower vehicle.
There's that but there's also not being negligent and driving it through sub zero temperatures, snow and calcium chloride. Do whatever you want with your brand new $60k car though

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
I owned a 1994 Firebird Formula with an LT1 V8 and traded that on a 1998 Z28 with an LS1 V 8. Drove the Firebird through 4 winters, and the Z through 5 on Bridgestone Blizzaks (I'm in Gatiot County). Never had any issues getting around or with rust. I was pretty faithful about thoroughly washing the underside of the cars off once a week at the spray 'n wash.

Putting my wheels in storage for the winter would be nice but is really not an option as I've only got one car.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I was thinking of getting one of those under-carriage trolleys to spray off the underside of the car in winter but since it's freezing cold here during winter (NY) my outside spigots are turned off.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
There's that but there's also not being negligent and driving it through sub zero temperatures, snow and calcium chloride. Do whatever you want with your brand new $60k car though
People have to go outside to go to work, groceries and other stuff. So because of the weather we should stay at home because we can't drive our car to keep it safe from different climates? Lol

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Which is $10k cheaper than my F150 that I drive all winter.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
People have to go outside to go to work, groceries and other stuff. So because of the weather we should stay at home because we can't drive our car to keep it safe from different climates? Lol
Id rather it not come with that since I don't live where it snows and id rather not have any gunk under it. Also most places in the US it doesnt snow. And the places that it does, I'm sure the dealers offer something.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Id rather it not come with that since I don't live where it snows and id rather not have any gunk under it. Also most places in the US it doesnt snow. And the places that it does, I'm sure the dealers offer something.
Ofcourse dealers offer something. They will offer to anyone anything as long as you pay. Just go and ask your dealer what they can offer you.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Ofcourse dealers offer something. They will offer to anyone anything as long as you pay. Just go and ask your dealer what they can offer you.
You'd pay either way. It's not free if Ford does it 🙄 you just want the customers that dont benefit from it to help pay for it on yours. No thanks. Get it on your own.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Any gunk ? Look at any Volkswagen as cheap as a Jetta and all hollow parts are not only flooded with wax as also the underbody is coated with some elastic I would say bedliner like material and painted with the color your car came with 👍 Ridiculous that Ford would cheap out on cars for certain markets in order to increase profits knowing that roads can be salty or peppered with cinders leaving the underbody vulnerable to rust…Even Ferraris that are mostly garage queens or fair weather cars come with underbody protection and no I would let no aftermarket company treat my car with some oily mess…This reminds me of the 70’s and early 80’s when rustproofing was still not as good as it should have been…Had no idea that some cars still leave the factory without proper protection !

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Mine in the middle east i believe came with anti rust treatment.. the whole underside looks black coated.

IMG_5042.jpeg
Does your Mustang have the material felt like covers underneath that you have to remove to change the oil,etc like the S650's do here in the US?

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Any gunk ? Look at any Volkswagen as cheap as a Jetta and all hollow parts are not only flooded with wax as also the underbody is coated with some elastic I would say bedliner like material and painted with the color your car came with 👍 Ridiculous that Ford would cheap out on cars for certain markets in order to increase profits knowing that roads can be salty or peppered with cinders leaving the underbody vulnerable to rust…Even Ferraris that are mostly garage queens or fair weather cars come with underbody protection and no I would let no aftermarket company treat my car with some oily mess…This reminds me of the 70’s and early 80’s when rustproofing was still not as good as it should have been…Had no idea that some cars still leave the factory without proper protection !
Oh wow, even 300 thousand dollar Ferraris come with it 😅 Not many cars come with it in America. And I'm glad, because I don't use it and I don't want to pay for it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What exactly is an authorized pollutant?
The ‘state/locale’ authorized and applied road salt/melt/brine/cinders. The ‘they’ are authorized to apply to the public roadway even when acknowledging the detrimental impacts and are requiring a fix to the fix with the required underbody ‘spray’.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
You'd pay either way. It's not free if Ford does it 🙄 you just want the customers that dont benefit from it to help pay for it on yours. No thanks. Get it on your own.
Which costumers who do not benefit from it?
Where did you get this theory from?
Sponsored