• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Annoyed... dented decklid replacing the GT Badge

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Was putting my black badges on this evening, the sides went flawless, got to the rear GT, followed the same procedure. Heated it, used masking tape to protect the paint, used plastic trim removal tools to get under the badge and then used my fingers to pull it off. In the process, my nuckles cause 2 dents somehow. I was using very minimal pressure as it wasn't difficult to remove. Absolutely annoyed that it dented from just my nuckles. Anyone have a ballpark guess on what it'll cost to have those w dents removed??

Left and bottom left of badge.

S650 Mustang Annoyed... dented decklid replacing the GT Badge 20240312_191754
Sponsored

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
Find someone who can do PDR (paintless dent removal). It shouldn't be terribly expensive to pop the dents.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Find someone who can do PDR (paintless dent removal). It shouldn't be terribly expensive to pop the dents.
Going to call and make an appointment with the best shop we have around to get a quote, just floored that it dented like that. You can't feel the dents but surely can see them.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Was putting my black badges on this evening, the sides went flawless, got to the rear GT, followed the same procedure. Heated it, used masking tape to protect the paint, used plastic trim removal tools to get under the badge and then used my fingers to pull it off. In the process, my nuckles cause 2 dents somehow. I was using very minimal pressure as it wasn't difficult to remove. Absolutely annoyed that it dented from just my nuckles. Anyone have a ballpark guess on what it'll cost to have those w dents removed??

20240312_191754.jpg
Oh crap, hope you’ll find someway to get it restored!!

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Same thing happened to me when I was replacing the amber side marker lights with white ones on a Subaru WRX I had years ago. Cars today are made to crumple hence the lightweight steel used.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

20240312_191754.jpg
OP sorry to hear about this. Wow, dented by knuckles and not actually the trim puller tools. Ford must really be cheaping out on materials. Paintless dent repair will be your solution to get this fixed.

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This forum thing is great!! I'm learning a bunch of stuff. Awhile back I bought a 2009 Pontiac G6 just to make store runs. It had several dings in the hood which appeared to have been caused by hail; although there were no dings on the roof or trunklid. I took it to a local body shop prepared for a full hood repaint. I was amazed when the guy took some simple tools and popped the dings right out. I was further impressed when he said he'd charge me only $40, so I tipped him $100. A couple of the dings went through the paint so he did do do a little touch up. I don't believe your Mustang with the knuckle-dents should require any paint work. One more thing that may make you feel better; back in the day I bought a brand-new 1976 Oldsmobile 98 with all the bells and whistles. The next day I went out into the garage to do something in the driver's seat of the car. I did'nt notice until I tried to slide back out of the car, I had a Phillips screwdriver in my hip pocked which pierced through my levis and into the velour seat. The hole was not noticeable, never got any bigger but I knew it was there. Something like that on a year-or-more-old car is bad enough; but a two-day-old!!!!?? Good luck with the Mustang.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
I've used the same PDR guy on all of my cars for the past 30 years...only way to go. Any half-decent one should have those done in no time...now, how much? That depends...

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited

20240312_191754.jpg
probably very little.
IT’s like taking a hail dent out.
Shouldn’t be a problem.
Good Luck.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Probably a fairly minor repair but yeah, annoying. PDR for sure.

How did you get the black badges?

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a fairly minor repair but yeah, annoying. PDR for sure.

How did you get the black badges?
Ordered them from steeda. Ordered friday morning and got them monday afternoon. Says out of stock so it was a big Suprise for sure.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Ordered them from steeda. Ordered friday morning and got them monday afternoon. Says out of stock so it was a big Suprise for sure.
Ah, cool. Looks like Levittown Ford Parts has them available. I think I'm gonna order too. Sounds like the install of the three badges is pretty straightforward? (Not going to bother with the front grill pony... I hate how it gets lost in the black.)
Sponsored