• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not really that surprising here...

I've recently finally got my hands on Motorola's A1 wireless, a good AA dongle, works well. Battery drain not too bad, just phone call audio quality isn't great on the other end apparently, but the Sync 3.4 was so crappy at connecting BT audio that this is worth it.
Sponsored

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
Why not Apple Car play 🤔
Apple doesnt make a product like Android Automotive. Hopefully this doesnt mean more crashes, say what you will about Sync but can only recall one time where my infotainment crashed in 2016, once in 5 years. My experience with Android has definitely not been that stable.

—- before fanboys get mad, I’ll admit it was probably the terrible Tizen software that caused most of the issues

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/04/ford-delays-switch-to-android-automotive-until-2023/

Just read this article quoting Jim Farley. He says that Ford is ditching Sync 4 in favour of Google based Android Automotive. He says that they don't want a genertic infotainmentsystem for the Mustang and that early F150 Lightnings have to be shipped with the old Sync 4 due to some delay, which cannot be updated to Android Automotive.

I'm looking forward to that as Google has hands down the best maps and since the interior is somewhat generic from what we've seen this far, a non generic infotainment would be much appreciated.
This is a cutout of the 2024 S650 information center. Is what's circled in red; a pictograph or is it a message in Chinese?

S650 Mustang Android Automotive it is for S650 Mustang (Ford ditching SYNC 4) sync 5

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
It's Chinese. there was a better pic on another thread. Yours I can't read.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There haven't been any stories about Ford's new Android Infotainment system since February except it's going to be delayed.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
I only like Android for the fact I never have much push back in the Google Play store app submission process, Apple review team however is a royal pain sometimes, but then again as a user I appreciate their scrutiny.

im sure some iOS support will remain butif android auto is good enough wont really be enticed to use it

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Android's new infotainment system will not be available until 2023, the one showing in the spy shots must be a Ford Sync 4a. Ford is promising to put the Android platform on “millions” of cars starting in 2023, so that will hopefully push sticker prices down. Of what I recently read; Ford has, also, signed up for Apple Automotive' "CarPlay" in the 2024 cycle in all of its vehicles (no phone needed). CarPlay can replace every control or gauge on your dashboard. That includes your speedometer, gas/battery readout, and buttons for things like air conditioning and the radio. So is Ford's contract with Android only good for the 2023 cycle?

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
CarPlay can replace every control or gauge on your dashboard. That includes your speedometer, gas/battery readout, and buttons for things like air conditioning and the radio
god help us, every one.

Aside is there an asteroid we can redirect to Dearborn?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
The interior spy pix have already revealed that Ford is going to make the massive mistake of deleting physical hvac controls. A form of stupidity that the big European manufacturers are already reversing in their latest designs. The S650 dashboard looks to be a total disaster.
Sponsored