• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket Front Facing Camera

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
Does anyone know for sure whether there is an after-market front facing camera that will work with the 2024 Mustang?
Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what you mean by "work with." A lot of dash cams are USB powered so you can plug directly into the mirror. Just need to find the correct connector for your car. I do not happen to know if the mirror connector changed in the S650 from the S550.

https://dongar.tech/collections/adapters

On the S550, you can hardwire into the passenger footwell fuse box using micro2 fuse taps. Fuse #2 is always-on, and fuse 23 is turn-on. Ground goes to one of the bolts you'll clearly see sticking out of the frame near the fuse box.

Again, these are instructions for the S550, and I'm not sure if this is the same for the S650.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
Thanks. I wasn’t actually envisioning a dash cam, although that is an option. All I really need is a front facing camera like the backup camera so I can easily see curbs when parking or whatever. I am short so seeing well over the hood can be challenging. So ideally there would be a little camera that is installed on the grill or license plate that could then hook into the screens in the car (that is what I meant by “work with”), although if all it did was display on my phone I could live with that.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
I'd be somewhat interested. Kills me that General Motors / Chevrolet can incorporate front parking sensors and 360 cameras on their Corvette C8, but the best Ford could do was backup camera (which is a federal mandate as of May 2018) and backup sensors. Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/02/backup-cameras-now-required-in-new-cars-in-the-us.html
Ford can incorporate it, they just didn't on the Mustang.

My 22 F-250 has front, rear, bed, mirror, and 360 cameras. I can see anything anywhere.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford can incorporate it, they just didn't on the Mustang.

My 22 F-250 has front, rear, bed, mirror, and 360 cameras. I can see anything anywhere.
That's bad wording on my part. I know Ford has the capability. Just kills me that they didn't do it for the Ford Mustang.

BUT, they incorporated it in the Mustang Mach-E AND in addition, power-folding mirrors 😒

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
It will be interesting to see if the aftermarket can do this for Sync 4, like they did with Sync 3 equipped Mustangs.

Not sure if you had anything like this over in Merica, but this was available down under.
(FN designator was for MY18-23 here)

S650 Mustang Aftermarket Front Facing Camera Capture.JPG

Source: https://advancedice.com.au/products/1440-2/

Has anyone gone to the point of checking whether the S650's rear view camera provides an (old fashioned) analogue output (composite video), or if it's a digital stream?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
BUT, they incorporated it in the Mustang Mach-E AND in addition, power-folding mirrors 😒
We get power folding mirrors down under, but our mirrors are larger due to regulations.

S650 Mustang Aftermarket Front Facing Camera Capture.JPG

... there's also a ton of stuff we cannot get, and can only dream about.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
We get power folding mirrors down under, but our mirrors are larger due to regulations.

Capture.JPG

It's a give and take world for the 7G Mustang 😅

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang

Capture.JPG

I wouldn't mind having the mirrors honestly, wonder how hard those would be to get shipped to the US.

S650 Mustang Aftermarket Front Facing Camera {filename}

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I wouldn't mind having the mirrors honestly, wonder how hard those would be to get shipped to the US.

S650 Mustang Aftermarket Front Facing Camera {filename}
it's funny you mention adding the folding mirrors. recently, i was planning out something to retrofit folding mirrors. it will cost about $1700 in parts. requires new mirror assemblies, mirror caps, driver and passenger door wiring harnesses, the window/mirror control switches, and the surround for them

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Thanks. I wasn’t actually envisioning a dash cam, although that is an option. All I really need is a front facing camera like the backup camera so I can easily see curbs when parking or whatever. I am short so seeing well over the hood can be challenging. So ideally there would be a little camera that is installed on the grill or license plate that could then hook into the screens in the car (that is what I meant by “work with”), although if all it did was display on my phone I could live with that.
My 2020 F150 4x4 Limited has a front camera and 360 deg Cameras.
The front camera is in the front grill? The button on the dash turns it on.
For those of you who are engineers may come up with a way to install a Ford F150 front camera into the front grill of a Mustang?
It keeps you from hitting signs.

I know it’s a long shoot.

R3tro GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have the front camera on my F150 XLT, as well as 360, as well. It does come in handy at times. In my Mustang it would be a nice to have but for me personally not a big thing.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have the front camera on my F150 XLT, as well as 360, as well. It does come in handy at times. In my Mustang it would be a nice to have but for me personally not a big thing.
But they ‘require’ backup sensors and camera ? Same thing going forward as going back, if you aint looking or cant see. Should be both and in reality there seems to be a front one that we aren't permitted to use.
Sponsored