• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active exhaust quiet mode issues

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I bought a loaded 2024 GT and traded in my 18gt. Anyone else have this issue. I programed the quiet start time however it only starts in quiet mode if I'm in the car and start it. If I use the key fob or the app to start the vehicle it starts in normal mode. Since I put an x-pipe on normal mode on a cold start is loud. Anyone else having this issue. My 18gt would start in quiet mode from remote start.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Yep, same here just noticed yesterday. Remote started my car set for quiet mode startup and it was in normal until I got in the car and hit the button.

OP
OP
Kraus143

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yep, same here just noticed yesterday. Remote started my car set for quiet mode startup and it was in normal until I got in the car and hit the button.
Wow, well I'm glad it's not just me, I think....come on Ford you need to fix this problem!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Same issue I have

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Wow, well I'm glad it's not just me, I think....come on Ford you need to fix this problem!
Not a problem, it's a feature. If you starting the car remotely to use remote rev, you want the noise. If you're starting in the car, you want to control the noise.
The car can't know you're remotely starting and aren't going to use remote rev. Of corse you could always get a car with a manual transmission as they don't have remote start or rev thus eliminating the problem.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not a problem, it's a feature. If you starting the car remotely to use remote rev, you want the noise. If you're starting in the car, you want to control the noise.
The car can't know you're remotely starting and aren't going to use remote rev. Of corse you could always get a car with a manual transmission as they don't have remote start or rev thus eliminating the problem.
not remote rev, remote start in quiet mode. it worked fine on my 2020 GT500 and 2021 Mach1

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Yes, hate the way this works. If you set the time for quiet start, it should work indifferent of how the car is started. Period.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Ford has released a TSB to correct this issue, being TSB 24-2047, and requires a PCM re-program
Sponsored