• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

A/C not working??

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
Hello folks, we did hit a warm 51° sunny day today February 4, 2024 and for the first time in this calendar year I tried using my air-conditioning system on my 300 mile 3 weeks old 2024 Ford Mustang, GT but I don’t know why my vehicle won’t blow cold air. I know for some of you 51° are considered cold weather, but we live here in eastern Washington and for the past 4 weeks we’ve been averaging 32° freezing weather. Some times -7°on a bad days.. anybody here have the same issues with air-conditioning system how would I know if I have a faulty air-conditioning system? What would I be looking for I try to set it at maximum cold but I could not get any cold air blowing just fan really weak, warm air coming out even though I set it up on AC MAX. I’m gonna try to make a short clip or video with my laser temp gun.. here’s my picture with my new car on January 14, 2024. Yes, we are covered on a blanket of snow. Cheers life is short. Keep it fun. Don’t forget to keep smiling.

S650 Mustang A/C not working?? IMG_7357
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
That cold the air conditioner probably isn't going to come on. There is a cut out switch to prevent it from turning on when it's cold. The reason for the switch is the air-condition comes on in defrost mode unless it so cold that the relative humidity is low enough that the air doesn't need to be dryer. I think if you want to test it, you may have to wait for it to be warmer. Around here we don't really consider it air conditioner weather until the high approaches 90. My car temperature is set at a nice comfortable 78 degrees.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello folks, we did hit a warm 51° sunny day today February 4, 2024 and for the first time in this calendar year I tried using my air-conditioning system on my 300 mile 3 weeks old 2024 Ford Mustang, GT but I don’t know why my vehicle won’t blow cold air. I know for some of you 51° are considered cold weather, but we live here in eastern Washington and for the past 4 weeks we’ve been averaging 32° freezing weather. Some times -7°on a bad days.. anybody here have the same issues with air-conditioning system how would I know if I have a faulty air-conditioning system? What would I be looking for I try to set it at maximum cold but I could not get any cold air blowing just fan really weak, warm air coming out even though I set it up on AC MAX. I’m gonna try to make a short clip or video with my laser temp gun.. here’s my picture with my new car on January 14, 2024. Yes, we are covered on a blanket of snow. Cheers life is short. Keep it fun. Don’t forget to keep smiling.

IMG_7357.jpeg
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP
RyanB3239

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Yes, I will send you my info as soon as I get back from work. Thank you. Have a good day.

OP
OP
RyanB3239

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
I had this happen to my dark horse. Took it to the dealer, they say manufacturer forgot to put Freon in. Has worked ever since.
Oh no sorry to hear that. I’m gonna try to make an appointment on my local dealership here in my area and see what kind of help I can get from them as far as diagnosis.

OP
OP
RyanB3239

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
OK guys I got my car in for a/c work appointment.. according to ford technician over the phone and in person.. air-conditioning system should work above freezing of 34°F so there is nothing wrong with the temperature that I’m currently 51°F that’s warm enough to keep my a/c compressor to cycle but for some reason it’s not doing it.. AC compressor should start kicking but let’s see what they find there’s too many variables right now let’s see what they find so we can share “””

S650 Mustang A/C not working?? IMG_7430

S650 Mustang A/C not working?? IMG_7428

OP
OP
RyanB3239

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
Up date on my car a/c not working. I drop it off on Tuesday 02/06/24 and now it’s 02/12/24 almost a week already. So the dealer called me and said they reset my ambient temperature module because it was stuck some how.. and then While in the process of checking a/c system charge and pressure parameters their machine broke Service advisor told me unfortunately. When the technician was working on my vehicle one of the hose that was connected to my a/c system broke and spilled some of the refrigerant out.. and they don’t know how much refrigerant was lost.. So now they have to order the parts I’m guessing it should be here anytime soon probably Tuesday or Wednesday for now that’s all I got patiently waiting..

Last edited:
OP
OP
RyanB3239

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
up date on my car A/C still couldn’t make them to work .. until now they are working on it.. 02/06/24 drop off at dealership and still no 2024 mustang in my garage as off 02/16/24 😭😭😭 they called me up today but unfortunately, even though the high-pressure and low pressure stuff and all my refrigerant are fully charged my compressor still would not kicked in and would not communicate with commands so they suspect that my A/C relay and or the fuse box it self need to be replaced ??? Woof so probably gonna stay for another week for parts to arrive.. what do you guys think 🤔

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The way auto air conditioners work is they are charged by the weight of the freon. If it already has freon, it's all removed and the correct weight is returned to the system. Freon becomes a liquid under pressure and/or under low pressure. There is a switch on the low pressure side of the system and if that switch detects a low pressure condition, which is several time atmospheric pressure, it prevents the compressor from running until the pressure is high enough. Under normal conditions, this sensor will cause the compressor to cycle keeping the pressure in the system consistent. If the temperature is too low, the freon will return to the liquid state lowering the pressure in the system and causing the the compressor not to run. This is why you need a relatively warm day to run the air conditioner and I am not sure it''s warm enough where you are for the air conditioner to run.
This switch is located in the engine compartment near the compressor on the low pressure side of the system. it has two wires on it and if there is voltage across it when the system is running, the system is shut off. Unfortunately I don't have access to the specs for the lower temperature limit but it is relatively warm by your standards.
You can see from the chart that between 50 and 80 degrees F the pressure really drops off. This is much different than older freons so I suspect part of the problem is your service guy isn't fully familiar with the way the newer freons work.
Freon 1234a chart

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Thank You for keeping us updated on progress.

I am a bit concerned of this dealer.

When initially checking out the car, you'd mentioned they had to jump start it. The dealer should have been starting the car often enough where that was not necessary. Or, been aware of the starting issue and corrected it.

Further, the functionality of the A/C system itself should have been checked as part of the Dealer inspection, which is supposed to be accomplished upon receipt from the factory. Maybe they did check it out and something happened afterwards.

It just leads me to believe this dealer is not too attentive in maintaining their stock.

When you returned the car for the A/C failure, they broke at least one hose assembly. Now they believe the root cause of the original problem could involve the fuse box underneath the hood.

Your's is the first I'm aware of involving the under hood fuse box. FWIW, I'm including Site Ford sponsor, who might be able to engage the dealer to assist you. The dealer systems will be documenting all the technician's repair activities. Ask them for copies when complete.

@Ford Motor Company

Best Wishes to a speedy recovery. :please:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RyanB3239

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
The way auto air conditioners work is they are charged by the weight of the freon. If it already has freon, it's all removed and the correct weight is returned to the system. Freon becomes a liquid under pressure and/or under low pressure. There is a switch on the low pressure side of the system and if that switch detects a low pressure condition, which is several time atmospheric pressure, it prevents the compressor from running until the pressure is high enough. Under normal conditions, this sensor will cause the compressor to cycle keeping the pressure in the system consistent. If the temperature is too low, the freon will return to the liquid state lowering the pressure in the system and causing the the compressor not to run. This is why you need a relatively warm day to run the air conditioner and I am not sure it''s warm enough where you are for the air conditioner to run.
This switch is located in the engine compartment near the compressor on the low pressure side of the system. it has two wires on it and if there is voltage across it when the system is running, the system is shut off. Unfortunately I don't have access to the specs for the lower temperature limit but it is relatively warm by your standards.
You can see from the chart that between 50 and 80 degrees F the pressure really drops off. This is much different than older freons so I suspect part of the problem is your service guy isn't fully familiar with the way the newer freons work.
Freon 1234a chart
Thank You for keeping us updated on progress.

I am a bit concerned of this dealer.

When initially checking out the car, you'd mentioned they had to jump start it. The dealer should have been starting the car often enough where that was not necessary. Or, been aware of the starting issue and corrected it.

Further, the functionality of the A/C system itself should have been checked as part of the Dealer inspection, which is supposed to be accomplished upon receipt from the factory. Maybe they did check it out and something happened afterwards.

It just leads me to believe this dealer is not too attentive in maintaining their stock.

When you returned the car for the A/C failure, they broke at least one hose assembly. Now they believe the root cause of the original problem could involve the fuse box underneath the hood.

Your's is the first I'm aware of involving the under hood fuse box. FWIW, I'm including Site Ford sponsor, who might be able to engage the dealer to assist you. The dealer systems will be documenting all the technician's repair activities. Ask them for copies when complete.

@Ford Motor Company

Best Wishes to a speedy recovery. :please:
Thank you for the input guys but yes they’re trying their best to work on it. We live in a small town where I bought my car. It’s not one of those massive dealership but they’ve been around for a while. I have a contact with a Ford representative one 800 number I totally forgot about her name but she call me once in a while. And see what the progress report on my vehicle, but basically ford representative and myself are. Just relying on what the service advisor are feeding us with information. Yes when I first bought the car we have to jumpstarted twice and I told them can you please make sure that you keep your cell phone with you guys in case I killed my vehicle on my way home because it’s a manual transmission in case I need another jumpstart but that didn’t happen so when I got home, I recharge it with my battery tender junior basically, it’s a one amp battery maintainer I would say I left her for about five days because we are covered in snow anyway.. yes as far as the temperature outside we’re getting 51° and inside my garage is 74° so it’s really warm for the air-conditioning not to kick in and cycle I’m really curious what will they find.. after they replace the fuse box and the relay I will post the complete diagnostics and other documentation when it’s all done

OP
OP
RyanB3239

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
Hey guys, I got my Mustang Back 👍👍👍 Super happy they finally fixed my AC. They did replace electrical fuse, box and relay, and they reprogrammed my computer They evacuate my a/c System so they can weigh the refrigerant. all that matters is that it’s blowing cold air. They told me if there’s any other issues just bring it back. they guaranteed it should work for a long time without any issues !! Case Closed.... Now lets install this VF-5 wheels I hope I got the correct TPMS Sensor Part #: TPMS74 (F2GZ1A189G)

S650 Mustang A/C not working?? IMG_7568

S650 Mustang A/C not working?? IMG_7565
Sponsored

Last edited: