• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

60th Anniversary Edition?

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
As I'm sure lots of you know, the 2015 Mustang GT got a 50th anniversary special edition package, with some badging, the layered glass quarter windows, and the white + black interior. (pics attached for those unaware)
S650 Mustang 60th Anniversary Edition? 1694209033013

S650 Mustang 60th Anniversary Edition? 1694209087895

Do you guys think we'd see a 60th anniversary edition Mustang for the 2025MY? What would you want to see? Personally, I would love to see classic colors brought back again (specifically Clearwater Aqua) and some more colorful interior throwback. Return of the layered glass quarters too, I loved that on the 50th anniversary.

In all seriousness, I'm almost certain we will see a 60th anniversary edition. I'm just curious what you guys would think, what you'd want to see with it, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whitewall tires and wire spoke hubcaps.
Leaf springs
8-track cassette deck
Cigarette lighter and center console ashtray
Motorized radio antenna
Curb feelers
Deluxe naugahyde seating surfaces
Faux burly maple dash trim
Lee Iacocca signature badge
Iā€™ll be honest, I wish cars still came with CD and cassette players. Iā€™d actually use them, I have so many music albums and audio books on physical media and donā€™t wanna buy digitally..

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Iā€™ll be honest, I wish cars still came with CD and cassette players. Iā€™d actually use them, I have so many music albums and audio books on physical media and donā€™t wanna buy digitally..
I ripped all my CDs to my computers and iPhone. You might be able to us a USB cd/dvd play to play them on the sound system but I am not sure about that one. As I use Apple hardware I am not sure how you rip CDs on a IBM computer but I know there is a way.

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ripped all my CDs to my computers and iPhone. You might be able to us a USB cd/dvd play to play them on the sound system but I am not sure about that one. As I use Apple hardware I am not sure how you rip CDs on a IBM computer but I know there is a way.
Someday I might burn some of the CDs. I havenā€™t seen a USB cassette burner, bu I wouldnā€™t doubt it if it existed.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
only tire size you can get on it is 205/70R14

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I would love to see Wimbledon white and Rangoon red come back as colors for the 60th. I would also love Ford to build more that 1,964 of them, but I have a feeling it will be a very limited run of the anniversary edition. A 1964-65 instrument cluster would be a cool option, too, but make that an OTA update for all of us at the same time. I would also love to see them make louvers for the back glass. Finally, when you get in the car there should be some cool graphic that morphs from a 64 1/2 Stang though all 7 generations on the center screen with an indication you are riding in a special anniversary edition.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Leaf springs
8-track cassette deck
Motorized radio antenna
Curb feelers
Faux burly maple dash trim
Lee Iacocca signature badge
Be still my heart, although you forgot the fuzzy dice.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someday I might burn some of the CDs. I havenā€™t seen a USB cassette burner, bu I wouldnā€™t doubt it if it existed.
By chance have you tried a stereo receiver? You know the kind that folks used to use when components existed. Although, in this case itā€™s basically an all in one. Mostly used for home surround sound multi speaker systems and sometimes for mixing / recording

Aught oh, now I gotta think of something for a 60ā€¦. Ummā€¦..

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
The ability to do this is resident in most any computer by default, just search the term and it will show you how to copy from CD to computer to USB etc. What they leave out is breaking any encryption, if resident on the original CD. Normally this is limited to DVDs and copying CDs is easy peasy.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny story about oneā€¦.. I would tune trying to see how far open I could get it to be without touching it.

Ooboo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT 350; ā€˜20 Aviator; '21 RAM TRX
Leaf springs
8-track cassette deck
Motorized radio antenna
Curb feelers