• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 (ish) Challenger reveal during Dodge Speed Week?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Will do, I will move right on past any thoughts, comments, or ideas you have from now on. Lol.
there's this real nifty button called 'ignore" and you will never be troubled with seeing any of thePill's posts ever again in whatever person he uses from one day to the next. They just magically disappear...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I wouldn’t. @thePill has been here since the beginning of M6G. He knows of what he speaks.
…the Camaro crowd is still REAL upset thePill reported the 6th Gen z28 cancellation and the Camaro ending production after this generation. In fact, thePill himself regrets breaking the story way too early and fears discussing the rumor early only discouraged the Camaro community. I (and I mean me) received the information during CamaroFest in September 2016 and thePill reported the rumor and was ultimately banned for talking about it.

Doubtful keeping it quiet would have changed it’s fate but it still bothers ME that many jobs were lost and the segment is dying…

…just as it still bothers others, for sure. Everyone that was feeding us info has either retired, we’re fired or passed away. I’m still a student of the automotive industry but as far as insider stuff goes, I ran out of juicy stuff after 2017. My last inquiry on WHY the hell the GT500 missed its Anniversary date wasn’t received well and thePill’s usefulness had expired and the war was won.

If thePill knows anything, he knows that IF Dodge tries it and it works, Ford will try it too and seeing the new Electric Charger (*slaps knee) and how badass it looks, thePill is finally ready to give EV a chance.

Besides, I’m a body guy anyway… mechanic dirt and overspray never mix. 😉

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Dodge Banshee

Honestly, I think I will need to see it in person, but it isn't an EWWW - don't want, don't want, right out of the gate. In fact, I kind of like the way it looks.
I don't like the piped in sound
What's the reason for the multi-speed transmission? Is it just to provide a "clunk", or is it something else? I HOPE it's something else...that it provides some other sort of benefit.

Now, for what I hope they can provide

Range - I've seen it mentioned that the platform is capable of 500 mile ranges, but that it won't achieve that due to the performance nature of the system. Range is a critical number for me. Note, the 500 mile range isn't the critical number for me. It's the 300 miles of range between when you start looking for a charging station at 100 miles left, and the 80 percent full marker which is when charging starts to slow down significantly. What I want is 300 miles of USABLE range with 100 miles of reserve. That 300 miles of usable range is needs to be in the fast charging range of the battery. If they can get the battery to fast charge all the way to 100 percent (so at the same rate as it normally does between 20 and 80 percent), then 400 miles of range is good enough. If you can find a way to produce/store the electricity in something other than a battery (like a fuel cell and reactant) that I can fill as quickly as a gasoline tank, then I am good with a 400 mile range there too (maybe a battery/fuel cell combo).

Performance - AWD is good, especially on electrics. I would love to see somewhere in the 400-550 HP range for a SCAT Pack/Bullet (when it's Ford's turn) like performance.
I would like the vehicle to be able to go around corners, so handling is a must have as well.

Experience - I want a fun to drive car. I don't care if it's one speed or multi-speed. I want a car that can push be back in the seat from 0 to the legal limit in the jurisdiction I am in. I want one that will support and press into me into the side of the seat as I go around a corner as it keeps it's tires firmly planted. I want one that will brake down to the turn-in speed quickly. While sounds and thunks may be nice, if they can't give performance I can feel as I drive it, sounds and thunks won't cut it.
Oy you want everything. What are you willing to pay? 😂

OP
OP

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Oy you want everything. What are you willing to pay? 😂
I fully expect that I would need to pay a significant amount above a regular ICE. I also expect that price to come down as new materials/battery tech/etc comes on line in the future. (of course, inflation will push that back up too)

OP
OP

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Then they will probably never get my money. It's not difficult to put a manual into an EV. I realize it doesn't make sense from a performance standpoint, but I don't buy cars based on that.

I LIKE cars.

I only want to buy a FUN car. If they can't be bothered to make their car fun, they won't get my money. Someone else will.
I want to clarify...if the transmission will increase the vehicle's performance, I am all for it. Maybe it allows for more torque at higher speeds, maybe it boosts acceleration at higher speeds. Maybe it does something completely different, but still improves something else...but if it does improve performance, I am fully okay with it. If it doesn't, or if it hurts performance, I would personally rather it be dropped. I know manuals can be more fun to drive, but modern automatics are faster, therefore, I would prefer to have a modern automatic option in my mustang with all the other performance toys.

That said, you can't really beat a manual transmission for theft prevention these days...
Sponsored