• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Convertible Antenna - Want to replace it - What are the options?

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
I have seen these stubby antennas. I am hoping they actually fit the new Mustang. Most of the ones online say they fit various model years but they haven't formally said 2024. Once the car is delivered to the dealer I'm going to order a few of them from Amazon and see which fits the best.
I picked up a couple of these for the Tour Pak on my Harley.

they did come with a few adapters for different threads on the antenna
Sponsored

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Please keep this updated, as I agree, I will want to remove when my convertible is delivered

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
For some reason I want to say some manufacturers had it in the front windshield at one point.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I'll continue to monitor this thread for solutions to the miserable rear antenna. Anything would be an improvement over the stock antenna. Something tells me there will be some much better aftermarket options introduced shortly. I'd be happy to trade am/fm reception quality for appearance. Like many, I rarely listen to the radio anymore.
In this day and age of high-tech gobbledygook it ain’t intended for reception. That’s where the checkered flag mounts, it’s a championship pennant holder.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I actually don’t mind it there. Already use to it I just wish I could have had my wing

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
For some reason I want to say some manufacturers had it in the front windshield at one point.
You are correct. At the top of the glass two wires ran to the center and then down the middle of the window. It never seemed to be very popular probably because of the two wires running down the middle of the glass. Then there was the additional complication of needing to replace the windshield. You probably had to do it with original equipment glass.