• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

13mpg avg in dark horse first 1k miles

garagely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dark horse
Just passed 1k miles in my DH non handling pack 6MT and am averaging 13.2mpg over those 1k miles. City driving makes up about 75% of my driving but I haven’t pushed the revs over 5k during the break-in period so a bit surprised how bad my mpg is. Most of time I’m driving in slippery mode or track because I like the linear throttle response but not driving super aggressively since outside temps have been in low 50s F with lots of rain since i got the car 1 month ago. I’m not expecting eco boost mpg numbers but 13 seems a bit low for casual city driving- is it reasonable to expect single digit mpg when I actually start pushing the car a bit more?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
One thousand miles would have averaged out a lot of stuff within the trip odometer statistics. Driving in 1) Track or Snow/Wet mode while 2) city driving is going to lower the MPG. Spirited driving in those modes could lower MPG further still.

Different Gen V8, but I have a M6. Ninety percent of the time, I drive in Sport+ mode, in a mix of spirited and "regular" (not bumper-to-bumper) traffic. Ten percent of the time I'm in normal mode.

I average 15+ MPG.

Last edited:

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Dang 1k in 1 month. I have 890 in 1 week. 16.8 miles. And I've been constantly adjusting how I drive the car. I was Lite with some mild stuff until 500 miles. Now I've been adjusting where I shift at and been mild to hard on the car at time to see if it is learning different shifts points. So far on issues and I've noticed the transmission is getting better at shifting in both auto and manual mode. But idk how you getting 13 mpg. And you been conservative. I will say I have filled this car up 3 times lol

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I know it’s not apples to apples but my GT with PP in the 10 AT gets 18.9 MPG after 3k miles. Pretty good mix of city and highway and I wouldn’t say I’m easy on it at all. I drive in sport most of the time.

I know the AT is going to get a little bit better mileage than the MT but dang. What fuel are you running?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Dark horse manual here. 14 MPG on the first tank and I have been running 17 on the last two. My trips are mostly 3 mile but occasionally 5 miles of city driving and a lot of cold starts. Normally I shift at 2000 RPMs and easy on the gas peddle. The best training devices is configuring the instant milage in the center position and pay attention to it (page 114 in the print manual). Most important, when you start getting above 2000 RPMs your milage will suffer.

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
I have a GT and it isn't my daily driver. I live almost 10mins from work and do mostly suburban/country road driving so far. I have about 800 miles on the car and average 20.4 MPG with moderate to "spirted" driving.
Sponsored