• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
F Type R in British Racing Green is an absolutely gorgeous car. A guy in my subdivision has one all blacked out and it’s a thing of beauty. Sounds great too. BUT, it will break and it’s costly when it does.
How does it do on your track?
Sponsored

kendrickdlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Marquis
Will the GT have the Tremec now? Presser last night wasn't quite clear. They mentioned Tremec for the Dark Horse, but "Tremec" was noticeably absent when mentioning "6-speed manual" for the GT.

chucker223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 mustang GT 2020 challenger scatpack widebody
When I saw the leaked pictures before the Stampede event, I was a little bit sad about the rear end.

It really looks like a Camaro and the tail lights look cheaper than on the S550.

I liked the way the tail lights looked on the S550, where there were actual chunks you could hold.

Now it's all flat and that makes it look a little bit cheap.

I am also not a fan of changing head or tail lights with aftermarket stuff, so I was a bit sceptical.

When the Stampede event started, I changed my mind a little bit. The tail lights were not as bad as I thought and at the end I kinda appreciated it more.

Now I totally love the way the car looks. But there are some things..

I don't like the new S650 without a spoiler. The car looks like it misses something. Normally I am not a spoiler fan and I love the S550 even without a spoiler or duck tail, but this S650 needs a spoiler to make the car look good.

I don't like the look of the Ecoboost, but I don't care about the 4 cilinder anyway.

I like the front bumper of the GT way better than the Dark Horse version.
I actually don't like the front of the Dark Horse.

I like the Dark Horse logo's. (But I will get slammed by the Mustang community if I change my GT and 5.0 badges to the Dark Horse badg.

But I think I will still do that. Even if people will get mad. It is not that I don't have the money to buy the real Dark Horse, but in my opinion the horse logo looks way cooler than the standard GT and 5.0 badge.

And let's be real. A GT Mustang is still a horse. So I don't see the issue over here.
How you like the GT's grill over the Dark Horse is mind boggling.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
I wonder if they have the capability to add more gauge modes over the years. That Fox body mode is dope, my under had one and that’s how my mom learned how to drive.

but imagine if they added more from each generation…

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I wonder if they have the capability to add more gauge modes over the years. That Fox body mode is dope, my under had one and that’s how my mom learned how to drive.

but imagine if they added more from each generation…
I genuinely hope they add a gauge mode that mimic's the 6th Gen Camaro's gauges. 💀

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yes, most people I've been noticing in other forums, car site comments, etc., are all noticing some Camaro resemblance here or there, whether Ford intended it or not - I'm sure we'd all love to know if the design team actually wanted to make S650 look like the outgoing Camaro intentionally!
i doubt the Mustang team would ever arrive to designsomething that resembles a failed design.

The rear was wide bodied to give it more track. Will translate to better handling and looks cool. It’s more reminiscent of Ferrari Roma or Aston Martin (which the s550 100% resembles) and looks like a natural progression of the s550 fender bulge

those who see a Camaro resemblance seem to simply want to see that. It’s just not there.

The only thing I can think of is that the Camaro has little rear overhang. When ford cleaned up and shortened the rear overhang a bit, that may be what is drawing some comparisons.