• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRO-630HD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Caliber
Haven't seen these images anywhere yet, figured I'd share.

According to Lethal Performance:

Totally new generation Coyote motor.
- Dual 80mm Throttle Bodies with dual Airboxes?
- 3 Different Transmission Options (1 Auto, 2 Manuals)
- Upgraded internals? (Predator-like rods and cams?)
- Rated at 500 Horsepower.
- Locked PCM (Over the Air Updates similar to 2021+ F-150)

b20844aa-9c0f-4f60-91ea-ea1cc8f5cf30.png
Why does this thing have the diaper from the 2010 Mustang?! WTF!

S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 2010 mustang rear
Sponsored

tim1007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the interior shot, is that an auto start/stop button next to the push to start button? Is it possible this is going to get cylinder deactivation for the v8 like the new f150s too?

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.exprealty.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That dashboard looks like they glued 2 tablets together and stuck them there on a mount. I like the digital stuff, but how about integrating it so it looks like it belongs? Would prefer a shroud over the main gauges to help with glare and reflection and fit the info center into the center with a more flush look.

Same issue I have with the Lighting, Expedition, Explorer, and MachE with that tablet sticking out. Clean up the lines!

Other than that, this isn't a radical change from 2015. Looks like they raided Saleen's abandoned warehouse. Must be running out of ideas.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Well… if these are real - and it sure looks that way…

I really like what they did with the front and rear. About what we expected and it looks really nice. Much better than some renders.

the interior dash looks great, but the lower console section seems carryover?

the Fallon video made it seem like the rear quarter window came to a point. This looks like THE EXACT SAME QUARTER WINDOW from the s550?!? That is REALLY BAD. I am in disbelief they’d be so lazy about that while calling it all new. They literally needed to simply change the car files to make the window come to a point and it would look radically different and new. Cue the bewilderment.

the recaros could have been designed better. They look oldschool.

the headlights are awesome. Tails are awesome. Rear geometry - awesome. Less overhang - awesome.

overall feel is an s550 facelift - but an amazing one.

in conclusion: doesn’t look worthy of “all new,” but it DOES look like a “poster car.”

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the interior shot, is that an auto start/stop button next to the push to start button? Is it possible this is going to get cylinder deactivation for the v8 like the new f150s too?
Stop/start tech is different than cylinder deactivation. With that said, it's certainly possible the auto gets both.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
fine, I'll be that bratty kid to even out the maturity score.

Gag me with a spoon! That interior is just unbelievably bad. My 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix looked better than this.

Gonna re-buy an SS/1LE instead (I had a '19) which looks positively good next to this "thing".
Lol you know what, in the name of balance, why not

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
The EcoBoost (left) has a different front bumper than the GT (right). The lower corner pockets on the GT are bigger and the plastic inserts are bigger and have a different shape.

S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] Image3

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Same issue I have with the Lighting, Expedition, Explorer, and MachE with that tablet sticking out. Clean up the lines!

Other than that, this isn't a radical change from 2015. Looks like they raided Saleen's abandoned warehouse. Must be running out of ideas.
definitely. should have just extended the S550 for 4 more years. Maybe do a small riff on the Mach1 bumper to 'cheapen' it for the GT/EB.

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa romeo Mito
Half of the people on here complaining will be riding one the day it comes out just like any other new product will lots of criticism.

All around it has lost a lot of its muscularity and it didn't have much to begin with in the S550 anyways. Front view is probably the best angle. Interior looks like an update to keep up with the technology than ’back to roots’. Back view and specifically the lights lack any soul.

They could have gone out with a bang with more nostalgic design cues but now it’s a copy of the Camaro route.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
That's not a diaper, that's a nicely integrated lower bumper.

This is a diaper:

0784c6c48f3995ad7f6de6b9e4ebfa6e--gt-mustang--ford-mustang.jpg
No dude...the diaper has been a nickname/point of discussion for over a decade lol. You can't spin that one back around; he's 100% right and I have no clue why Ford would want to go there/give fans the ammo. They had to have known.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why does this thing have the diaper from the 2010 Mustang?! WTF!

2010 mustang rear.jpg
That's a new one, never heard of "diaper" to describe a chunky matte black diffuser :crackup:
Kidding aside, my initial impression is that the way it was executed there on the S650 cheapens the rear, but again, let's see how other views, and also other trims/versions of S650 diffuser look different.

Edit: Looks like I'm one of the few new to the term "diaper" lol

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
The dash really reminds me of my Explorer ST. The vents are the same and it has the same faux carbon fiber‘ish looking plastic. Hopefully it’s not as cheap feeling as that was but it’s probably the same. The closeup of the dash near the start button looks super cheap with the fake weave plastic pattern. Not a fan of the “same as every car” looking upper dash with the ginormous screen and loosing the classic symmetrical look.

The exterior looks like they took all the Mach-E designs like headlights and taillights and smooshed them into a car. From a front bumper perspective, they did the opposite and tried to combined a Mach1, 350, and 500 into an oversized mashup. It looks kind of aftermarket and out of proportion from the original vehicles it’s imitating.

5/10 from me sorry…

2DCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 1663186307688
Giving me M4 vibes, and maybe a little bit of M2C. I honestly dig it.

Lot of people in this thread saying the S550 is "peak Mustang" -- can't agree. Looks boring and dated in my eyes. This design may not be blowing me away, but it feels more fresh than the S550 ever did.

As usual, I imagine the Shelby version will add a few small tweaks that make the design really work. All S550s look boring to me, except the GT350.
Sponsored