• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Trial "stuff" that comes with Mustang?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
Is there a single place where there is a list of what trial options come with the Mustang?
Stuff like Sirius, Fordpass, network connectivity, Maps etc options and so forth.
I have no idea what I have gotten for free and what needs to be paid for.
Tks!
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Just go into your Fordpass app or online account and click "Connected Services"
I think standard is 3 months Sirius, 3 years Alexa and Navigation, and 1 month Ford Premium Connectivity.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think standard is 3 months Sirius, 3 years Alexa and Navigation, and 1 month Ford Premium Connectivity.
Thank you!
I am a noob at this!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
But what’s all that mean? Some stuff is self explanatory (radio) but can also lead to the never ending nag. But some of the other stuff what is it? What’s it cover? What’s needed? Insert credit card ? Uh I’ll admit half the stuff hasn’t even been looked into because I ain’t got no friggin manual and may now be past their trial. This mobile manual reading (look up is fine but not reading) is a real inconvenience. Yeah the dealer probably should/could have covered it and that’s on me so lesson learned.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
You can order the owners manual from Helm.
While driving, I don’t let my distractions on doing something on the screen but only on a standstill DH then I can do whatever I want according to screen via manual reading instructions! It saves lives! Purely common sense!

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I've had mine over a month and I still haven't figured out half the features on the screen. I know how to start it, turn on the radio and drive... that's all I need I guess
Lol I'm young and I haven't used anything fully on the screen and had my car for 4 months. I have to figure out how to use nav at times after I go to track apps or connect my phone. Lol the important must know was drive modes for me. I have that down to a science.. sport and track mode are highly important.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As in like: fordpass and connected services are two different things but intersect at the internet. While remote functions apply to both the fob and the app.

if I wanna use connected services do I ‘have’ to use the app or can the car connect and get updates and provide diagnostic information without the phone and or online account? Btw what is ‘connected services’ and how much can they do with it enabled? Nav services is good for how long but really is it the online connection that they are talking about and the map will still work as a map (just not get any updates) after the trial period? Those types of questions?

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm taking delivery of my GT on Tuesday and I do not want the car to be connected to my phone or the internet.

Ford dealer told me I could connect the car to FordPass once to get the $150 worth of points that comes with buying the car and I can disconnect it forever thereafter.

I am not sure if this is true. I get the impression the car will recognize my phone and pair it every time I get in the car and I don't want that.

Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm taking delivery of my GT on Tuesday and I do not want the car to be connected to my phone or the internet.

Ford dealer told me I could connect the car to FordPass once to get the $150 worth of points that comes with buying the car and I can disconnect it forever thereafter.

I am not sure if this is true. I get the impression the car will recognize my phone and pair it every time I get in the car and I don't want that.

Just to add: CarPlay / android and connected services are separate.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm another senior and I was just thrilled that I managed to drive it home from the dealership last Thursday. Dealer asked me how technical I am and I told him to walk me through the basics which he did. Paired my phone, got Fordpass activated and so forth. I asked him to set everything to "daily driver mode", for lack of a better term, which he did. Last time I purchased a new car, I got all kinds of paperwork for Sirius / XM, tire warranty and so forth. This time nada. I'll figure it all out. I think the only item I will not use is Internet connectivity. Is that needed for OTA updates?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

You can turn off the car cell phone in the menu. Connecting your cellphone gives you hands off access to the cellphone so you can take incoming calls with the touch of one button on the wheel. You don't need to use your phone for anything else. I have my car configured to use my home WiFi so it can pick up software updates as needed but again, that is your option.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You can turn off the car cell phone in the menu. Connecting your cellphone gives you hands off access to the cellphone so you can take incoming calls with the touch of one button on the wheel. You don't need to use your phone for anything else. I have my car configured to use my home WiFi so it can pick up software updates as needed but again, that is your option.
Thanks for taking the time to answer me. So if I understand correctly, there is a way to get OTA updates on home wifi, and my cell phone to interface with the car for phone calls only, and NOT for transmitting location, driving data and such?
Sponsored