• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Things are VERY Different now...

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
The last car (and only car) I have ordered from Ford was a 1966 Mustang, 289, w/4-speed manual. Cost about $2,500.00. I can't remember how long the build took, but the car was wonderful. The only mod I put on it was an Abarth (quad tip) exhaust system. It sounded sweet.
As you can see in my signature, I have ordered a "loaded" GT. However, I am beginning to get a bit concerned at all the problem articles I am seeing in this forum with these vehicles. Yes, I know the technology has become way more complex then so has the price!
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Forums tend to attract negative posts because people are seeking help. Just look at things at delivery and make sure they are as they should be.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forums tend to attract negative posts because people are seeking help. Just look at things at delivery and make sure they are as they should be.
My plan exactly!

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I have only driven mine for about 130 miles and I can tell it's going to be a pleasure to drive regardless of some of the things that annoy me.

Last edited:

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I ordered my Dark Horse in April an drove it home in December. This is my first ever new car, built to order. I regret absolutely nothing about it.

Regardless of any "issues" that may exist with these cars, I am always reminded that these S650's are the pinnacle of Ford Mustang engineering and technology. Every single time I drive down the road, I am reminded of why it was worth the time/money to buy this car.

You won't regret your decision. Enjoy your GT!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The last car (and only car) I have ordered from Ford was a 1966 Mustang, 289, w/4-speed manual. Cost about $2,500.00. I can't remember how long the build took, but the car was wonderful. The only mod I put on it was an Abarth (quad tip) exhaust system. It sounded sweet.
As you can see in my signature, I have ordered a "loaded" GT. However, I am beginning to get a bit concerned at all the problem articles I am seeing in this forum with these vehicles. Yes, I know the technology has become way more complex then so has the price!
Was the ‘66 perfect then or now? Granted major changes since both in the car and the ability to commensurate. Which may possibly help perfect the current. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, ain’t no point in greasing her until she squeaks.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I got my car in September and admit I have only put about 1,200 miles on it. So far the only problem I have found is the passenger seat release doesn't work. To me, it's not a big deal and I will wait for the first oil change to address it.
I hang around the site because I like to learn and answer questions. I probably need to get a life but I can think of a lot of worst things I could do.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Cars are far more reliable now than they were back then. Your average car in the 60s only lasted about 5-6 years on average from the time it was brand new to the time it was scrapped in a junkyard.

As for the price, when you factor in inflation, you actually get a lot more dollar for dollar these days. A six cylinder base mustang in the 60s was about 27k adjusted for inflation. A base ecoboost is about 32. For five grand more, you get much better quality, a far better interior, a better exterior imo, obviously a much better engine, much better handling, better brakes, better reliability, better safety, better efficiency, better tech obviously, a longer warranty, just an all around better car in every way for not much more money.

Adjusting for inflation, most older cars were shit for the money they costed. For instance, the excellent maverick hybrid adjusted for inflation is cheaper than those 90s rangers, and better in every way. It's even cheaper than the model t adjusting for inflation.

Like most old things, they actually weren't very good, we just look at the past through rose tinted glasses when we shouldn't.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the ‘66 perfect then or now? Granted major changes since both in the car and the ability to commensurate. Which may possibly help perfect the current. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, ain’t no point in greasing her until she squeaks.
The 1966 Mustang lasted me about 5 years. No problems. I had to sell it and get a “family” car. Big mistake.

bgold87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I’ve had mine about 1200 miles and 0 issues with electronics, error messages, or anything else.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I only have around 400 miles on mine but zero problems. The biggest issue for me is there was no physical manual to learn how to use Sync and all its myriad options, but I blame most of the problem on me being old and just not that techy any longer. I owned plenty of of the 1960's-80's cars when new and whether they were US or of foreign manufacture, they were all more problematic than any car built after 2000 except for a 2013 BMW X6 V8 or a 2021 MB GLC 63S. Both of those modern cars left me stranded and won't buy another.

medwards63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My 2024 GT coupe arrived August 30th. It is beautiful inside and out! Have not had a bit of trouble at all!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I only have around 400 miles on mine but zero problems. The biggest issue for me is there was no physical manual to learn how to use Sync and all its myriad options, but I blame most of the problem on me being old and just not that techy any longer. I owned plenty of of the 1960's-80's cars when new and whether they were US or of foreign manufacture, they were all more problematic than any car built after 2000 except for a 2013 BMW X6 V8 or a 2021 MB GLC 63S. Both of those modern cars left me stranded and won't buy another.
2024 Ford Mustang Owner Manuals

You can download a pdf and print or probably cheaper buy a printed version (around $35)

Where can I get an owner’s manual? (ford.com)
Sponsored