• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Start/Stop

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What, choice over whether to wear a seatbelt or not?

And who is 'we'?
Yes, the freedom / right or whatever you would like to call it to choose. When was the last time you were required to buckle your seatbelt before you could start the engine?
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on what?

Reduced emissions through phased traffic lights (and s/s systems in these situations) will not be enough on it's own will it? But you already know that....
But what are we discussing? We are talking about the stop/start not the wholeā€¦seems the justification for the function can be alleviated with better control of the very item that is the source of the inefficiencies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Yes, the freedom / right or whatever you would like to call it to choose. When was the last time you were required to buckle your seatbelt before you could start the engine?
Always do, so not an issue. Beltminder function is the modern version.

I think you are just going out of your way to find things to hate.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But what are we discussing? We are talking about the stop/start not the wholeā€¦seems the justification for the function can be alleviated with better control of the very item that is the source of the inefficiencies.
Better traffic flow PLUS stop start is the best of both! There will always be stationary traffic no matter what you do with traffic lights which is where s/s provides a benefit.

I think you are arguing with yourself here and I'm bored.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always do, so not an issue. Beltminder function is the modern version.

I think you are just going out of your way to find things to hate.
Required before start or just a reminder to wear?

btw:

So did the selt belt interlock.
ā€˜seltā€™ belt? Hmm, out of the way?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Off all the threads on Auto Stop/Go, if I see it in the newer cars, Iā€™ll just deny it! Itā€™s just more parts to the car and more complicated! Junk!!!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off all the threads on Auto Stop/Go, if I see it in the newer cars, Iā€™ll just deny it! Itā€™s just more parts to the car and more complicated! Junk!!!
No additional parts at all, unless there is an ISG which is then LESS parts than starter motor plus alternator!

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Based on what?

It has PROVEN benefits.
People don't like the start/stop feature. They're allowed to not like something lmao You're getting so worked up about everyone not liking a feature. It's okay for people to have different opinions.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No additional parts at all, unless there is an ISG which is then LESS parts than starter motor plus alternator!
Are you saying the ā€˜featureā€™ is really just a funky fuse and we should make friends with our local electric union since electrical gremlins may be afoot?

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It is called "ASS" for a reason!
Depending on where you live the system is not good at all. Here it is very inconsistant, so much that sometimes you can go for a drive and it never comes on. Other times there is a delay when it shuts off. I have had it do that a few times when I forgot to turn it off. And I can see that making it dangerous.

Not to mention it will tax parts and cause early failures. Known early failures are Batteries, Alternators and Starters.

I have really never seen anyone defend "ASS" so much haha.

If it was an option you could have removed or permantely disabled most would get rid of it......especially the car people!

Not to be mean but those that defend it probably never turned a wrench in their life. HAHA
I don't know anyone personally that likes the feature.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People don't like the start/stop feature. They're allowed to not like something lmao You're getting so worked up about everyone not liking a feature. It's okay for people to have different opinions.
I'm not getting worked up. The existence and presence of S/S is not a problem for me, indeed it is a benefit. There are plenty of 'people' who do like it / don't mind.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying the ā€˜featureā€™ is really just a funky fuse and we should make friends with our local electric union since electrical gremlins may be afoot?
You can try but as you know with modern CANBUS vehicles pulling a fuse doesn't always get what you want!

You can pull the fuse on your ISG if you want but you will turn the car into an ornament.
Sponsored

Last edited: