• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
A pre-production prototype of the new seventh-generation Ford Mustang has been spied in Melbourne ahead of its launch later this year.

15 May 2023, 12:56pm

The new seventh-generation Ford Mustang has been spied in Melbourne ahead of a launch in late 2023.

A reader sent in these shots of a GT pre-production prototype, which Ford Australia says is here for spec check and validation purposes.

We can see a new style of amber indicators at the rear.

S650 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang spied in Australia ford-mustang-gt-7g-melbourne-3

Full article:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-mustang-spied-in-australia

Confirmed we're getting the red tribars, and hopefully the amber indicators in the lower ÂĽ are sequential.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...and the rear GT badge is not on the fake fuel cap.
As the rear deck lid is completely different on the 7th Gen, what makes you think we'll get the fake fuel cap Ă la 6th Gen?

From what I've read in the last 18 months or so, Ford are trying to reduce their manufacturing costs so it would make sense to standardise trivial items like this. Results in less SKUs to manage.

Having said that, I do hope RHD markets get a proper mirrored centre console.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
As the rear deck lid is completely different on the 7th Gen, what makes you think we'll get the fake fuel cap Ă la 6th Gen?

From what I've read in the last 18 months or so, Ford are trying to reduce their manufacturing costs so it would make sense to standardise trivial items like this. Results in less SKUs to manage.

Having said that, I do hope RHD markets get a proper mirrored centre console.
Yes, as I have said elsewhere, I would not be surprised if Ford drop the Rear Fake Fuel Cap, in favour of the US Market flush style GT Badge.

However, I would be surprised if we loose the "Euro" or "Export" Mirrors. I suppose time will tell, to coin a cliche.

BTW, I would love the sequential indicators / blinkers, but won't hold my breath!

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
A pre-production prototype of the new seventh-generation Ford Mustang has been spied in Melbourne ahead of its launch later this year.

View attachment 562136
William Stopford
News Editor

15 May 2023, 12:56pm

The new seventh-generation Ford Mustang has been spied in Melbourne ahead of a launch in late 2023.

A reader sent in these shots of a GT pre-production prototype, which Ford Australia says is here for spec check and validation purposes.

We can see a new style of amber indicators at the rear.

ford-mustang-gt-7g-melbourne-3.jpg

Full article:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-mustang-spied-in-australia

Confirmed we're getting the red tribars, and hopefully the amber indicators in the lower ÂĽ are sequential.
I loved the New Edge cobra’s, and how their tail lights had the amber blinker. I’d definitely swap mine out if this makes it to production

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This may be the one that was loaded on that cargo plane. :crazy:

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Yes, as I have said elsewhere, I would not be surprised if Ford drop the Rear Fake Fuel Cap, in favour of the US Market flush style GT Badge.

However, I would be surprised if we loose the "Euro" or "Export" Mirrors. I suppose time will tell, to coin a cliche.

BTW, I would love the sequential indicators / blinkers, but won't hold my breath!
The Europe cars will still have the larger side mirrors. That's a mandatory thing to have. And from the pictures I see on this yellow one it looks like a larger one to me.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Europe cars will still have the larger side mirrors. That's a mandatory thing to have. And from the pictures I see on this yellow one it looks like a larger one to me.
I initially thought they were the smaller and narrower / flatter US mirrors, but now I think it is too hard to call, with a fuzzy image.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may be the one that was loaded on that cargo plane. :crazy:
That's the first thought I had as well.

S650 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang spied in Australia RHD-S650

Anyone here living around Richmond or Campbellfield?
Bound to see it traveling between HQ and engineering facilities.

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... and damn, the more I see Yellow Splash, the more I reconsider it.
I took it off my short list of colours thinking it might be too ghastly or be "cop bait" like Race Red is.
First world problems. :crazy:

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Well since this was literally pushed into my inbox, I guess I'll toss my guesses into the bin...

THanks, however I note the external Mirrors do not appear to be the "Export" or "Euro" Spec, and the rear GT badge is not on the fake fuel cap.

I loved the New Edge cobra’s, and how their tail lights had the amber blinker. I’d definitely swap mine out if this makes it to production
Given how late into development this car presumably is (production is supposed to start soon, no?) I'd say that everything that we're seeing in these pictures is going to be produced, i.e., we'll likely see the sequential amber indicators, there won't be a fake fuel cap on the trunk lid, and the larger mirrors are going to be there to meet cross-continental standards.

I do hope RHD markets get a proper mirrored centre console.
It makes zero sense in my mind for Ford not to mirror the center console. The only thing I'm really unsure of is the handbrake.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well since this was literally pushed into my inbox, I guess I'll toss my guesses into the bin...

Given how late into development this car presumably is (production is supposed to start soon, no?) I'd say that everything that we're seeing in these pictures is going to be produced, i.e., we'll likely see the sequential amber indicators, there won't be a fake fuel cap on the trunk lid, and the larger mirrors are going to be there to meet cross-continental standards.

It makes zero sense in my mind for Ford not to mirror the centre console. The only thing I'm really unsure of is the handbrake.
MY24 Production had been pushed back again - now to an unspecified date mid June, apparently to allow a major overhaul of QUALITY CONTROL & PRODUCTION standards. (so probably a positive development).

I wouldn't hold my breath about Ford mirroring the LHD Centre Console to RHD, as although presumably a relatively simple process, they have been stubbornly unwilling to do it.

Also, it appears we will NOT be getting the SEQUENTIAL Tail lights, as our "Export" units have completely different wiring, connectors & part numbers (Thanks to Rocket for info).

Standard (US) Spec Tail Lights
S650 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang spied in Australia 1684450012986

Export Tail Lights
S650 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang spied in Australia 1684449921369

(15) S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features | Page 3 | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)
Sponsored