• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Ah okay got that now. Yes that speed limiter is known already in other cars and thankfully it can be deactivated. It is a nice to have though.

I don't think a HUD is necessary with 2 big ass screens in front of you. Otherwise it would be too much information to focus at. In the current S550 model, a HUD makes way more sense imo.

But who knows, maybe we see a HUD when the facelift comes along.....
Sponsored

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I think even the two screens are going to be a lot to get used to. I have only have a basic android auto head unit in any of my vehicles and basic gauges in project cars.

Drove my friends 2021 Ram Limited (the fully loaded model with giant tablet) a week ago during a road trip and after a few hours still couldn't find anything quickly. That is a lot of screen which is very different than looking at real gauges.

Probably won't take that long when you own it and drive daily but something to keep in mind if someone else drives your car.

50Annie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th
Speed sign recognition? WTF is that? Will the adaptive cruise control keep you from speeding?

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Speed sign recognition? WTF is that? Will the adaptive cruise control keep you from speeding?
Yes it basically brakes you to the speed limit. However it can be deactivated.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
It is literally just that - the system can recognize the speed limit. However, ACC can slow you down if you want to. If not it won't. In my BMW I can also set ACC to a specific speed limit above what the sign says: letā€™s say ACC detects a 100km/h speed limit sign. Normally the system would slow down to 100 but I set it to 15+ so it will slow down to 115 km/h. I could also just simply keep speeding above that limit. ACC can be deactivated or partially deactivated so that it wonā€™t slow down in any case. ACC is really just a ā€˜nice to have featureā€™ especially on a daily. I wouldnā€™t spend any money on it if it would be a weekend and nice weather car.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
My Daily Driver (11th Gen Civic) has the Speed Limit recognition feature. It just displays the speed limit on the digital instrument panel, doesn't do much else.
S650 Mustang News and S650 Mustang pictures from Ford Frontline (Dealership Training Brochure) civic1

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
well that is a new bad word I was hoping not to see...speed sign recognition. That has all the markings of an OTA update that will restrict speed or send you unwanted mail thanks to Big Brother. That had better be something you can disable easily.
Our genesis has it all it does is it allows you to set the cruise control to the speed limit say 65mph and if you go into a 55mph zone it automatically matches the new speed limit.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
It is literally just that - the system can recognize the speed limit. However, ACC can slow you down if you want to. If not it won't. In my BMW I can also set ACC to a specific speed limit above what the sign says: letā€™s say ACC detects a 100km/h speed limit sign. Normally the system would slow down to 100 but I set it to 15+ so it will slow down to 115 km/h. I could also just simply keep speeding above that limit. ACC can be deactivated or partially deactivated so that it wonā€™t slow down in any case. ACC is really just a ā€˜nice to have featureā€™ especially on a daily. I wouldnā€™t spend any money on it if it would be a weekend and nice weather car.
Iā€™m sure the insurance companies will love having access to that data.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
my Camaro that had GPS had that. Even without it there was an app on your phone that would track hard braking , hard accel, top speed etc. this info has been available for a long long time. Nothing new.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my Camaro that had GPS had that. Even without it there was an app on your phone that would track hard braking , hard accel, top speed etc. this info has been available for a long long time. Nothing new.
Personal data vs. insured asset data under contract conditions may be two very different subjects.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Personal data vs. insured asset data under contract conditions may be two very different subjects.
So your saying there will be contract data that we will have to sign for these options that says it will be shared with our insurance or is this just a assumption? How would they know who my insurance is? I can tell you the DMV and fords IT teams would not be setup for this if ever

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™d have a hard time thinking that someone would pay someone, no less a team, to develop a system of collecting all this data only to do nothing of value with it.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
it is extremely unlikely that insurance companies will get jack about you without explicit consent

ford's been collecting insane data on all of our cars for years without this speed sign recognition anyway

what they do with it is highly regulated

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/manage-my-fordpass-account/fordpass-privacy-policy/

i'd reckon almost any car with some level of camera-based preventative safety systems is already harvesting mad data

https://www.consumerreports.org/aut...-be-harvesting-data-as-you-drive-a3473812015/

just buy a pre-obd era car if you're really paranoid