• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Winter tire examples

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Can anyone give me some good examples of winter tires for a base GT with nite pony?

Im not real familiar with the sizes/what will fit etc so please provide ones you know would fit on the 19 nite pony wheels

Thanks
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Can anyone give me some good examples of winter tires for a base GT with nite pony?

Im not real familiar with the sizes/what will fit etc so please provide ones you know would fit on the 19 nite pony wheels

Thanks
A few good choices here. The Vredestein would be mine.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...SpeedRating=W&minLoadRating=S&performance=ALL

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=W&VT=C&width=255/&ratio=40&diameter=19&tireSearch=true&filter=y&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2024&autoModel=Mustang+GT&autoModClar=255/40-19

Last edited:
OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Thank you! And those can just fit straight on the stock 19 wheels with no issues?
Yes if you do not have the Performance Package. If you do then you need to go with 275’s in the back. Use the tire rack search function to show you models and pricing.

S650 Mustang Winter tire examples IMG_3733

There is only one choice for the PP staggered setup but you can still put the 255’s on the rear if you want.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...iameter=19&rearSortCode=57752&performance=ALL

garagely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dark horse
I just got winters for my darkhorse non handling pack which I think is the same wheel dimensions as gt pp- pirelli sotozerro II 275 rear & 255 up front.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I have had good luck for years with Z rated Good Year Eagle tires. I have not tried any of there ultra performance tires but I plan to when this car needs tire replacement. I figure Good Year has had a lot of experience making racing tires so they probably have some idea about making good street tires. I suspect the grip might not be as good as some of the other tires but I am more concerned about wear as I don't track cars or get too spirted on the street.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I have had good luck for years with Z rated Good Year Eagle tires. I have not tried any of there ultra performance tires but I plan to when this car needs tire replacement. I figure Good Year has had a lot of experience making racing tires so they probably have some idea about making good street tires. I suspect the grip might not be as good as some of the other tires but I am more concerned about wear as I don't track cars or get too spirted on the street.
OP is looking for winter tires. Goodyear doesn’t really compete in this category.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
OP is looking for winter tires. Goodyear doesn’t really compete in this category.
They have all season so it really depends on how much winter you have. If it's more cold weather than snow, all season would do it. OP didn't list a location so it might be an option. I can probably run summer tires all year around as night time temperatures rarely drop below freezing and day time temperatures in the 60s or 70. As I garage the car, the tires will probably be warm enough for the trip to work.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
They have all season so it really depends on how much winter you have. If it's more cold weather than snow, all season would do it. OP didn't list a location so it might be an option. I can probably run summer tires all year around as night time temperatures rarely drop below freezing and day time temperatures in the 60s or 70. As I garage the car, the tires will probably be warm enough for the trip to work.
I was a huge Goodyear fan for decades but with the exception of the Supercar 3’s I would no longer recommend them. It’s not that they don’t make a quality tire it’s just that there are better. For all seasons the Michelin AS4 and Conti DWS06 are the cream of the crop.
Sponsored