• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Window Sticker Breakdown

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Hi Guys,

Finally got my window sticker today after being the first to order from my dealership on 3/27. It is attached and I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me anything additional about my build. From hanging out on the forums for a couple months I have picked up on a couple things but I don't know a whole lot being this is my first special order. I searched for a breakdown on the various numbers but couldn't find anything real thorough. Here is what I think some of it means but there are portions of the window sticker where I have no idea what it means.

- If I'm interpreting this correctly my blend dates is 7/20 whatever that means. Very start of production ?
- I think my car will be 891 of 1059 built during a certain time period. That day maybe?
- My car will be coming by convoy which I think means by semi truck. Faster than rail I think?

Thanks,

Matt
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
so there are three dates on the WS, the invoice date (under special order). thats the day Ford sent your order to the factory and this window sticker was made.
the "print date" (dont know what its actually called bottom center under everything), thats the day you pulled that sticker for review or print.
the blend date (top center and bottom right looks like 1(YYYYMMDD)sequence number)<- the date that actually matters, thats when FRAP sends your order to the production line to be made, AKA blending it into the production line

convoy means your car is going by truck, rail means its going by train. as for speed, its a tradeoff, probably the difference is distance between final destination and the nearest rail head.

thats what ive figured out so far

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
- If I'm interpreting this correctly my blend dates is 7/20 whatever that means. Very start of production ?
- I think my car will be 891 of 1059 built during a certain time period. That day maybe?
- My car will be coming by convoy which I think means by semi truck. Faster than rail I think?
I've read different interpretations of the blend date. The one which I think is most correct is when the unibody meets the K-member and engine. When the major modules are brought together. A second interpretation involves the sourcing and placing within immediate reach all the parts, from the front seats to the engine, nearest the production line.

Correct. Of the 1059 Mustang entering production that day, yours is 891.

My sticker was marked "convoy". Skye took the rails from Flat Rock to Denver, but did take a truck, a convoy, the last leg. Other cars, other models, have been marked "rail". F-150s in my area are marked "rail"; they arrive to a local depot via rail and take a very short truck roll to the dealer.

Once your vehicle ships, your dealer will be able to provide feedback, like UPS/FedEx. Mine provided insight as to each major leg. Skye went from Flat Rock to Chicago and Chicago to Denver via rail, with a truck the last leg. Other forums can also provide insight as to how to track the trains.

Last edited:

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Hi Guys,

Finally got my window sticker today after being the first to order from my dealership on 3/27. It is attached and I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me anything additional about my build. From hanging out on the forums for a couple months I have picked up on a couple things but I don't know a whole lot being this is my first special order. I searched for a breakdown on the various numbers but couldn't find anything real thorough. Here is what I think some of it means but there are portions of the window sticker where I have no idea what it means.

Thanks,

Matt
What was the production week when you checked the vin and order number on the FORD site?

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the production week when you checked the vin and order number on the FORD site?
It was 7/17 up until the day the window sticker generated. At that point it changed to 7/20. It was 6/19 way back when I originally got a VIN.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
It was 7/17 up until the day the window sticker generated. At that point it changed to 7/20. It was 6/19 way back when I originally got a VIN.
so basically, a moving target.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've read different interpretations of the blend date. The one which I think is most correct is when the unibody meets the K-member and engine. When the major modules are brought together. A second interpretation involves the sourcing and placing within immediate reach all the parts, from the front seats to the engine, nearest the production line.

Correct. Of the 1059 Mustang entering production that day, yours is 891.

My sticker was marked "convoy". Skye took the rails from Flat Rock to Denver, but did take a truck, a convoy, the last leg. Other cars, other models, have been marked "rail". F-150s in my area are marked "rail"; they arrive to a local depot via rail and take a very short truck roll to the dealer.

Once your vehicle ships, your dealer will be able to provide feedback, like UPS/FedEx. Mine provided insight as to each major leg. Skye went from Flat Rock to Chicago and Chicago to Denver via rail, with a truck the last leg. Other forums can also provide insight as to how to track the trains.
Weird....where his sticker shows 891/1059... I have 4/8. Blend date is July 9. Were only 8 cars sent to the production line that day?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I have 4/8. Blend date is July 9. Were only 8 cars sent to the production line that day?
FWIW, I have not seen so few listed on a sticker before. Unique and/or unusual, but not necessarily anything wrong. I can think of a few factors for that.

July 9th was a Sunday. I haven't been keeping track of production schedules and dates. It could have been a slow day. Maybe a catch-up date for cleaning up any outstanding partials, line pause for parts, etc.

Ford has been producing Mustangs, but they've also been working through internal QC issues. Maybe they spent the rest of the day testing a new process, confirming a procedure is correcting the root cause to a problem. A Training Day.

Could also just be a quirk in the system. Once the car is built, you could follow-up and download again, to see if those numbers updated.

Last edited:

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
FWIW, I have not seen so few listed on a sticker before. Unique and/or unusual, but not necessarily anything wrong. I can think of a few factors for that.

July 9th was a Sunday. I haven't been keeping track of production schedules and dates. It could have been a slow day. Maybe a catch-up date for cleaning up any outstanding partials, line pause for parts, etc.

Ford has been producing Mustangs, but they've also been working through internal QC issues. Maybe they spent the rest of the day testing a new process, confirming a procedure is correcting the root cause to a problem. A Training Day.

Could also just be a quirk in the system. Once the car is built, you could follow-up and download again, to see if those numbers updated.
Sorry, I don't know how to count my months. Mine was JUNE 9, not July.

I attached it for reference

S650 Mustang Window Sticker Breakdown Screenshot 2023-07-12 172735

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Mine was JUNE 9, not July.
That's cool. Your feedback actually gave me a better explanation for the #4 of 8 production numbers on that date.

First, I reached back to that timeframe, to see scheduling for the production line; there wasn't any listed here at 7G.

But then I noticed your previous posts, location and read the sticker: Canada 🇨🇦.

I haven't studied the exact differences between Canadian 🇨🇦 and US specs, but that would explain no posted schedule here (often US spec builds) and the low numbers: June 9th was Canada-only production.

So June 9th, eight Canadian 🇨🇦 spec cars crossed the line. No US builds on that date.

Last edited:

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So June 9th, eight Canadian spec cars crossed the line. No US builds on that date.
Huh that is really interesting. For one being if only Canadian orders went through that day, how come only 8? look I know we don't have the population of the states but we aren't THAT small, lol. I wonder what the differences could be. Only thing that comes to mind is software based (i.e. metric is default?)

Thanks for the input!
Sponsored