• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

well a funny thing happened this week

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I used to use the line "Hey Honey, look who just followed me home...":cwl:
😂😂 that's a good one also. I'm glad there are women out there who will let their husband be a big kid with their cars. They be the next one to get a car themselves 😂.
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Yea I went to the post office which is up the street from the dealer. Figured I’d stop in to see if they had any 24s. Well they did and they convinced me to take a ride in one. And i texted the wife I had to have it back in my life again. Lol. I had a 16 GT PP but had to part with it end of 18. I was driving an Audi A3 which was a good car for all my driving and fun enough. But missed my Mustang as I’d wanted one since i fell in love with them in 95. Well looked at them Tuesday and on Friday i brought one home.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
And everything a car salesman says is true...........🤪😁😂

Congrats to Crimson, impulse buy at its greatest 😎
Hey I mean on the off chance that it was true lol

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem VB Pony Pkg 201A, 13 F150 RR Lariat
I used to use the line "Hey Honey, look who just followed me home...":cwl:
Pony cars do that. I know.
22 Bronco Sport - traded
22 Mustang EB Prem - traded
21 Mustang EB Prem 201A, Pony Pkg (this one is my keeper)

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, 2006 F150
I don't understand y'alls marriages, unless you're unhealthily wealthy. If I went and made a major purchase like a new car without at least giving her a heads up, there would be a problem and she'd be rightfully mad. Just like if I came home and there was a new quarter horse out back, or she paid to have the dog cloned; I'd be ticked.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I don't understand y'alls marriages, unless you're unhealthily wealthy. If I went and made a major purchase like a new car without at least giving her a heads up, there would be a problem and she'd be rightfully mad. Just like if I came home and there was a new quarter horse out back, or she paid to have the dog cloned; I'd be ticked.
I'm not married but kind of sounds like your idea of a healthy relationship is backwards. Having the trust in someone to make "big" moves sounds like a winner to me. Especially if that big move ends up with me in a Mustang 🤷‍♀️

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Great choice. I LOVE convertibles, but really only when the top is down. I wanted a convertible for the longest time growing up, but never got one. I'm personally just not a fan of the look of the soft top. That being said, yours is beautiful! The convertibles look best in red, imo.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I did something like that when I got my 2006. Had an appointment to look at a new car for my wife and trade her Focus in, but my Explorer was making a noise from the rear end so I brought it in to have it checked again (second time). Walked into the showroom and the sales guy said, "I thought you were bringing the Focus in" and I explained the Explorer rear end had to be checked again. And that I noticed the nice black Mustang convertible out front - he grabbed the keys and said take it for a ride.

Came back and he said they had already looked at the Explorer for a trade-in and gave me an offer for the trade of the Explorer and take the Mustang, as well as one for the Focus on a new Focus for my wife.

Called her on the way home to tell her that I have my new car and we needed to go back and pick up her new one.

Old sales trick to get you to act in many cases. My grandfather owned a dealership for many years. Long after he sold his interest he went in to look at a new car and one of the other sales guys came up and said to the guy he was talking to, "I have someone coming in this afternoon with a deposit for that one". Grandpa blew up telling them he used to own the store and they had a lot of nerve pulling that on him and walked out. They called him for weeks asking him to come back in so they could make it right.
That's too funny. I remember when I bought my Grand Cherokee SRT used there was a mysterious caller from Texas that was about to swoop in a buy it out from under me if I didn't act fast LOL. I said, well if that Texan shows up in the next couple days you go right ahead and sell it to him! Needless to say the car was still there a few days later when I finally got a chance to go look at it. Oldest trick in the book. FOMO for sure.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
pic for those of you that wanted it.

2024mustang.jpg
Beautiful car, congratulations. Turned into a $65K oil change ehh? Glad you got what you were looking for and didn't have to special order it. I'm hoping for the same luck. My problem is I want a stick and very few dealers have them on the lot.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I know too many guys who can't do anything without asking their woman's permission. When their woman "needs" to buy things, its not even a conversation.

If you have to ask for permission, you're not the one making decisions.
Man needed a car, and got one.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I know too many guys who can't do anything without asking their woman's permission. When their woman "needs" to buy things, its not even a conversation.

I just married my wife this past February and she basically lets me do anything if it makes me happy. I guess I got a keeper lol

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I just married my wife this past February and she basically lets me do anything if it makes me happy. I guess I got a keeper lol
I suspect there are limits but as long as your wife is the most important person in your life, that shouldn't be an issue.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I suspect there are limits but as long as your wife is the most important person in your life, that shouldn't be an issue.
Yeah definitely within reason. If I did what OP did then she would 100% support it

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c

Yeah, that's horrible if you choose the wrong one for a wife. I found mine 28 years ago and couldn't be happier. She's the one that pushed me to get the new car. I didn't need it, my 18 GT PP was perfect and so is her 20 GT PP. It's a beautiful thing when your wife wants you as happy as you want her to be. Long live badass women, hot cars and things that go BANG!
Sponsored