• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does the removal of the AM radio matter to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Incredible...

A lot of people are just clueless and don't listen to AM radio...? I listen to it every day for the last 30 years. What do you listen to on the way to work...?

How do you tune in sports events, etc...?
A lot of sports events (college football) are broadcast on FM stations where I live. AM is fizzling out, but you can still get sports on AM which is great when you have to run to the store for something and want to keep up on the game. Otherwise I have little use for AM outside of sports or talk radio.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah ok, remain ignorant your local news & traffic.... Anyone can listen to a podcast... whenever, doesn't mean you are connected to the now.

AM radio in the car always.... every morning.
I don't have to listen to AM to get my local news on my car radio. Also, I can stream it thru my car radio because most news stations now have live streaming

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Okay. AM radio actually has qualities that are specific to the frequencies and mode that other broadcast FM cannot match.
in the event of a national emergency FM radio stations by nature of the way they operate have to be power restricted for geographic coverage and licensing purposes and the receivers lock on a particular signal.
AM radio operates at way lower frequencies which have a tendency to travel much farther with far less infrastructure and power requirements than FM Therefore, for reasons of national emergency and natural disaster, AM radio is a much more reliable medium for broadcasting information on a national emergency basis when compared to FM.

joshnc101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've been here 11 years.....

The more I see your posts, the more I think you've never listened to AM radio... and are afraid to get clean local news. I am sure live radio is your bane because pre-recorded things are your dig..?
Yeah?

Also, who gets in their car to get on the internet... I am confident you are just trolling to get a rile out of people.
Yeah… pretty much everyone is on the internet in some form while driving. At this point AM is becoming useless when the the majority of what’s broadcasting on it including local games/events can be pulled up easily on podcasting apps, YouTube, Facebook and whatever. Same reason CD players are disappearing now, nobody uses them.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Even though I never use AM I'm glad they are reversing their decision.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe this is the cause of the production delay.🤯
That would be so unnecessary if true lol. But as they say it's a software update so likely doesn't affect production.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
For me a $100 credit would do better

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be so unnecessary if true lol. But as they say it's a software update so likely doesn't affect production.
Not if it involves compliance with a federal requirement. Corporate legal decisions and risk management assessments take time.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
a better headline:

"Ford puts AM radio in the new mustang after policy makers threaten regulation."

not sure how i feel about it. on the one hand, there are people who do still listen to AM radio. on the other hand, i personally believe regulation should never be used to save dying technologies.

either way, doesnt affect me here, going to continue ignoring broadcast radios existence like usual.