• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does the removal of the AM radio matter to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford removed AM radio from the 2024 Mustang. I have been listening to Sirius / XM for probably 15 or so years now and haven't looked back. Aside from the occasional local event such as hurricane weather I don't use AM radio. Even then I mostly turn to internet based reports with maps and such. There is a bipartisan group of lawmakers that are pursing a bill called “AM Radio for Every Vehicle Act of 2023” Are we holding onto 8 track tape, laser disc, cassette technology, or are they doing the right thing? I personally feel that AM radio is a major platform for many political mouth piece shows (both sides of the two party system) and this is a major driver. A few things to note, is that 8 out of the top 20 manufacturers have already eliminated the AM radio from models. Also there is lots of discussion that the electric motors of current and future models are causing interference with the AM signal.

Here are a few articles about it.
Ford Authority - BILL WOULD FORCE FORD, RIVALS TO EQUIP CARS WITH AM RADIO
AP News - Will dashboard AM radio be saved? Bipartisan bill would require automakers to keep it in new cars
Broadcast Law Blog - AM For Every Vehicle Act Introduced in House and Senate to Mandate AM Radio in Cars

Here is the Bill itself
AM Radio for Every Vehicle Act of 2023

What are your thoughts and opinion?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i never listen to the radio, only Spotify for me.
IIRC, modern vehicles are ditching AM because of interference from EV motors, and if the worry is about being able to alert US citizens in the event of an emergency, basically everyone has a smartphone now and those alerts are put on them too.
also, if people really want AM radio, there are other ways to play it
- Through Apple Carplay and Andriod Auto via Audacy
- Through Amazon Alexa

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i cant remember the last time i ever listened to the am/fm radio in a car. everyone i know either uses bluetooth or aux and listens to Spotify/Apple music instead.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Incredible...

A lot of people are just clueless and don't listen to AM radio...? I listen to it every day for the last 30 years. What do you listen to on the way to work...?

How do you tune in sports events, etc...?

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Incredible...

A lot of people are just clueless and don't listen to AM radio...? I listen to it every day for the last 30 years. What do you listen to on the way to work...?

We don't listen to something invented in 1906 so we're clueless?

Get with the times grandpa. I don't need some talking head telling me what I need to hear.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
We don't listen to something invented in 1906 so we're clueless?

Get with the times grandpa. I don't need some talking head telling me what I need to hear.

Yeah ok, remain ignorant your local news & traffic.... Anyone can listen to a podcast... whenever, doesn't mean you are connected to the now.

AM radio in the car always.... every morning.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Incredible...

After seeing your posts in a couple threads now, I am confident you are just trolling to get a file out of people. Any decent AM station is available on the internet or has a FM equivalent. You’d have a better chance of convincing people that they still need a CD player

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
After seeing your posts in a couple threads now, I am confident you are just trolling to get a file out of people. Any decent AM station is available on the internet or has a FM equivalent. You’d have a better chance of convincing people that they still need a CD player
I've been here 11 years.....

The more I see your posts, the more I think you've never listened to AM radio... and are afraid to get clean local news. I am sure live radio is your bane because pre-recorded things are your dig..?
Yeah?

Also, who gets in their car to get on the internet... I am confident you are just trolling to get a rile out of people.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah ok, remain ignorant your local news & traffic.... Anyone can listen to a podcast... whenever, doesn't mean you are connected to the now.

AM radio in the car always.... every morning.
I get my daily news from the town square before going off to farm the fields for my Lord. You kids and ur newfangled AM radio are so out of touch.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i do just want to mention that the built-in nav, Google Maps, Waze, and pretty much any self-respecting navigation map has a way to see traffic one way or another (Google Maps' colored roads, Waze's reports, etc).
also, who would want to listen to the news anymore? it's all just auditory spam and gloom with the same 7 annoying songs being played over and over until the end of the universe. why bother with any of that? maybe that's just me, though. i hate the news.

After seeing your posts in a couple threads now, I am confident you are just trolling to get a file out of people.
i dunno about troll, they've been here for quite a while it looks like, but seems more like someone who is stuck in their ways and doesn't like things changing a lot, their messages read like the stereotypical "went to school uphill both ways in a snowstorm" type

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Incredible...

I don't care about events, sports etc.
Especially when driving.

I listen to my own music.

OP
OP
goodlettjr

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've been here 11 years.....

The more I see your posts, the more I think you've never listened to AM radio... and are afraid to get clean local news. I am sure live radio is your bane because pre-recorded things are your dig..?
Yeah?

Also, who gets in their car to get on the internet... I am confident you are just trolling to get a rile out of people.
I think you misunderstand the internet. You can get any AM station worth its content by streaming. They probably have an app as well. Then you aren't limited to your car since you love AM radio so much.