• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Traction Control with Whipple

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I'm just wondering how it works once you have a Whipple? Would traction control actually be able to limit wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear when you launch? I have some concerns that 1st and 2nd gear are going to be useless with a Whipple or maybe you just have to pedal the car at that point but I'm trying to decide between Whipple and FBO eventually. Car is a six speed manual.
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
I'm just wondering how it works once you have a Whipple? Would traction control actually be able to limit wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear when you launch? I have some concerns that 1st and 2nd gear are going to be useless with a Whipple or maybe you just have to pedal the car at that point but I'm trying to decide between Whipple and FBO eventually. Car is a six speed manual.
Traction control works the same as it does when the car is stock. It's going to limit throttle if wheel spin is detected. I always turn TC off whether the car is stock or not. My GT and DH both spin the tires sometimes on launches. The last thing I want is the computer limiting power for me. Much better turning it off and learning the sweet spots of the car to know what RPM and launch it likes the most. You will get better results doing that in my opinion rather than keeping TC on.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
Traction control is not launch control. It is designed to stop wheel spin by pulling timing and/or closing the throttle body, and it's pretty abrupt. I wouldn't expect it to be any kind of an aid during launch.
Sponsored