• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Torsen for DH in Europe

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
The Mach-1 in EU wasn't TORSEN...

It was a clutch Diff + 3.55, instead of TORSEN + 3.73

Seeing how Ford is trying to cheat us with the spoiler, who knows...

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG M6
The Mach-1 in EU wasn't TORSEN...

It was a clutch Diff + 3.55, instead of TORSEN + 3.73

Seeing how Ford is trying to cheat us with the spoiler, who knows...
Just to let you know - I installed the Mach 1 HP spoiler on my M1 and it was a walk in the park. Took me like 1h where most of the time was carefully removing the stock one. Getting the Torsen diff + 3.73 final drive + all the seals and whatever coming for the installation is something that I gave up on. Still on my wish list, but won't happen in the immediate future.

The Australians however sued ford and got compensated for the non-torsen diff and final drive ratio as it was falsely advertised over there, so ford had to pay back a lot of people. I'm wondering how come the EU missed on this occasion...

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😴
Just to let you know - I installed the Mach 1 HP spoiler on my M1 and it was a walk in the park. Took me like 1h where most of the time was carefully removing the stock one. Getting the Torsen diff + 3.73 final drive + all the seals and whatever coming for the installation is something that I gave up on. Still on my wish list, but won't happen in the immediate future.

The Australians however sued ford and got compensated for the non-torsen diff and final drive ratio as it was falsely advertised over there, so ford had to pay back a lot of people. I'm wondering how come the EU missed on this occasion...
Indeed, there was deception regarding the Torsen, but not about the spoiler for the Mach 1.

For the Dark Horse, it's the opposite: if there were no parts in stock, it would have been better to leave it empty rather than adding that hideous blade. I hope there will be a class action, as it is unacceptable to accept such a significant modification.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG M6
Indeed, there was deception regarding the Torsen, but not about the spoiler for the Mach 1.

For the Dark Horse, it's the opposite: if there were no parts in stock, it would have been better to leave it empty rather than adding that hideous blade. I hope there will be a class action, as it is unacceptable to accept such a significant modification.
I hope there will be recall for replacement for free, once available. After all this DH spoiler looks very identical to 2019-2021 PP2 GT spoiler... I assume ford made the calculation - either delayed deliveries and compensation for delayed delivery or this ..."thing" which may go unnoticed, and then get replaced... In any case, I hope that this sh*t is not yet another green emission crap... -50HP, less aero... what the hell.

horned-toad

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I think there is a licensing/distribution issue with Torsen and EU/UK such that Ford simply won't. This was true for entire S550 lineup. Torsen is likely to remain USA only.

as to the engine, I would be surprised they don't just recycle the EU/GT spec. DH sales are vastly too few to have to certify a different one.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
I think there is a licensing/distribution issue with Torsen and EU/UK such that Ford simply won't. This was true for entire S550 lineup. Torsen is likely to remain USA only.

as to the engine, I would be surprised they don't just recycle the EU/GT spec. DH sales are vastly too few to have to certify a different one.
My DH comes with TORSEN + 3.73, no big spoiler for now, but at least it has the good dif
Sponsored