• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Those with the GT PP, are you keeping the stock tires?

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I can't get the free set, if there are more than 500 miles on the car.
I see no downside to getting free tires. Assuming you are ok with any strings attached to the deal..

Can you get the Goodyears now and hang on to the Pirellis? Maybe put them up for sale or hang on to them for when the Goodyears are worn out.
Sponsored

OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Go ahead and buy the Goodyears, especially if you're getting any kind of discount on them. If you didn't know:

*Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels, or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

In reality, it's fine, just don't be dumb under 40F. Try not to drive or even store below 20F.

For your use, you'll enjoy those tires. I got roughly 16K miles out of a set.

Yeah they came OE on my SS 1LE I had.

OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I see no downside to getting free tires. Assuming you are ok with any strings attached to the deal..

Can you get the Goodyears now and hang on to the Pirellis? Maybe put them up for sale or hang on to them for when the Goodyears are worn out.
I wish... haha part of the deal is that they have to take em.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
im going to run the rubbers that come stock for at least the first year before i decide to swap to larger ones, if i do swap to thicker rubber im looking either PS4's from Micheline or NT555 G2's like what i have on my current 2010

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
What tires would you suggest for someone who is gonna use it as a daily including rain?
When factory tires are done I’ve been replacing with the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2’s. Have proven over the years to be a very reliable tire, both on the street and an occasional track day. Excellent in the rain!

S650 Mustang Those with the GT PP, are you keeping the stock tires? IMG_3791

S650 Mustang Those with the GT PP, are you keeping the stock tires? IMG_3792

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
This is my first “sports car” so dont know a bunch about tires on my PP. Those are summer. Only tires right? So when winter comes around I’ll have to swap them out to winter tires or all seasons? What’s the average mileage I could get out of the PP tires I know it is much less than normal tires

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
This is my first “sports car” so dont know a bunch about tires on my PP. Those are summer. Only tires right? So when winter comes around I’ll have to swap them out to winter tires or all seasons? What’s the average mileage I could get out of the PP tires I know it is much less than normal tires
Sorry, have no clue about that cold weather crap. Fortunately I live on the Space Coast so I run summer tires year round. It would really suck to have to park my car for 4-6 months out of the year.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Sorry, have no clue about that cold weather crap. Fortunately I live on the Space Coast so I run summer tires year round. It would really suck to have to park my car for 4-6 months out of the year.
This is my daily lol so will have to slip on some other tires soon

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
yes the pp tires are "summer only", swapping them out is dependent on where you live and your driving skill, i spent last winter around Petersburg VA and can say for sure that my NT555 G2 summer tires worked perfectly fine, if you live in an area that gets a lot of snow though, then youll want dedicated winter tires.

as for how long they last, that really all depends on driving style, ive had my 555's for 4 years and they still have plenty of tread left

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I already have wheels and tires ready to go when the car gets home. First thing I'm replacing as those Pirelli's are useless in WI.

Last edited:

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
As with any mod, dont "upgrade it" unless you notice you need it, or already know you need it based on prior experience.

No need for wider or stickier tires if you aren't at the end of the range for your current tires grip.

Part of the reason for me not getting the PP was I didn't like the wheels, so I'll go aftermarket and choose the exact wheel/tire combo I want.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
whenever mine arrives..as of now build week is 8/7, living in the northeast, switching the summer tires to all season. Not plans to track the car. Checked tire rack, seems like Bridgestone Potenza have a high rating, right there with Mich Pilot's

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
This is me, Florida weather all day, not worried about cold, but that rain? 🥴.

But it sounds like summer tires would be good
down here.

OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
This is me, Florida weather all day, not worried about cold, but that rain? 🥴.

But it sounds like summer tires would be good
down here.
long as you aren't going crazy in the rain and driving normal, most if not all summer tires will be "OK" in the rain.... just don't be doing 100+ in a downpour and you'll be fine lol.

OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
If it snows where you live and you can't work from home on a shitty day, and you absolutely need to be able to drive no matter the weather, get snow tires. If you don't want to worry about swapping tires... and are ok with sacrificing some performance in the dry get a high-performance all-season tire. Just know it won't perform as well in the summer as a summer tire and won't perform as good as a snow tire in the winter.
Sponsored