• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Those with the GT PP, are you keeping the stock tires?

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I have the opportunity to get a free set of Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar 3 tires(https://www.goodyear.com/en_US/tires/eagle-f1-supercar-3/13828.html), and I'm thinking about switching out for them over the P-zero's that come stock. They are a whole performance class higher on Tirerack than the P-zeros. They are in the same class as the Michelin pilot cup 2.

I don't drive the car in the winter or try to drive in the rain.
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I hate Pirelli tires. I won't be getting rid of them once I get the car since I paid for them but I will be looking forward to the day they are worn down enough that I can justify replacing them.

OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I hate Pirelli tires. I won't be getting rid of them once I get the car since I paid for them but I will be looking forward to the day they are worn down enough that I can justify replacing them.
Yeah, I don't have an issue with them per say... but I have an opportunity to get a free set of tires that are a performance tier higher. If they were not free, I wouldn't be replacing them.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have the opportunity to get a free set of Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar 3 tires(https://www.goodyear.com/en_US/tires/eagle-f1-supercar-3/13828.html), and I'm thinking about switching out for them over the P-zero's that come stock. They are a whole performance class higher on Tirerack than the P-zeros. They are in the same class as the Michelin pilot cup 2.

Run through the P-Zero’s in 8k miles. Have your fun and then out the Goodyears on there.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
This. Not going to waste a set of tires but already looking for replacements based on previous Pirelli experience.

OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Run through the P-Zero’s in 8k miles. Have your fun and then out the Goodyears on there.
I can't get the free set, if there are more than 500 miles on the car.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I just got a GT with 19s
I plan on putting 275/40/19 555R2 drag radials on ASAP.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

VenomousDeath

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s PP tire / rim next to my 19x11 325/30/19 Toyo first thing I’ll do
Is sell my bronze edition PP Rims

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang

What tires would you suggest for someone who is gonna use it as a daily including rain?

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What tires would you suggest for someone who is gonna use it as a daily including rain?
I've been running BFGOODRICH G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS on my current daily Mustang and they are really solid in the rain. I have never felt like I was going to lose traction with them when it is raining. They are all-seasons though. I don't have any recommendations (yet) for summer tires but I have heard good things about Michelin Pilot Sport.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Go ahead and buy the Goodyears, especially if you're getting any kind of discount on them. If you didn't know:

*Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels, or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

In reality, it's fine, just don't be dumb under 40F. Try not to drive or even store below 20F.

For your use, you'll enjoy those tires. I got roughly 16K miles out of a set.
Sponsored