• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

There's a sixth gear?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Just had to laugh at myself. Third day driving this GT and 150 miles in and I finally just noticed there is a sixth gear LOL. I had no clue. Finally looked at the shift knob and was like, wow check that out! This is still a learning process šŸ˜†
Sponsored

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
The things you learn!! No worries tho cause now you can really stretch those legs. Congrats on your S650!!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Better MPGs ... ;)

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
What about reverse? I hadnā€™t driven a manual since 2008. Things have changed. Nobody told me how to put my GT in reverse. They just laughed at me! Iā€™m sure yā€™all are laughing, too.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
What about reverse? I hadnā€™t driven a manual since 2008. Things have changed. Nobody told me how to put my GT in reverse. They just laughed at me! Iā€™m sure yā€™all are laughing, too.
When I drove it with the dealer the day I bought it I put it in 6th attempting to back into a parking space. Dealer just said "nope" šŸ˜†

So not only did I screw up reverse, it didn't even register in my brain that I was actually in 6th either. Gettin' old...

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
When I drove it with the dealer the day I bought it I put it in 6th attempting to back into a parking space. Dealer just said "nope" šŸ˜†

So not only did I screw up reverse, it didn't even register in my brain that I was actually in 6th either. Gettin' old...
Me, too. Not a good fellingā€¦lol

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
It actually has, but itā€™s really in first? Kinda freaky. And donā€™t take my yellow lines away when I back up! (Please never ask me to back a trailer. PTSD)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It actually has, but itā€™s really in first?
no, that was a joke that has happened a couple of times. Back out, go to neutral and grab the ring (for some reason) and shift to first (really thought thats where i was aiming), hey whenā€™d we get a front camera, oh wait why we going backwards - doh. Sure glad that other guy filling up at the pump behind wasn't too close.

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
no, that was a joke that has happened a couple of times. Back out, go to neutral and grab the ring (for some reason) and shift to first (really thought thats where i was aiming), hey whenā€™d we get a front camera, oh wait why we going backwards - doh. Sure glad that other guy filling up at the pump behind wasn't too close.
Wasnā€™t funny when my car has done it.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Did you change your Thumbnail Profile pic to show the Front of that Bad DH??
Yes, that is from my detail guy doing the ceramic coat and tint. Some in-process pics are posted in my build thread, but I'll be posting more shortly.

It's done. Going to pick it up after church today.

S650 Mustang There's a sixth gear? IMG_8039

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Just wait until you put it in first and wonder why camera is onā€¦
I did this.

Also, I reversed without realizing the parking break disengaged on its own and caught myself before rolling into a parking meter. Scary! Got to be super careful. šŸ¤£

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that is from my detail guy doing the ceramic coat and tint. Some in-process pics are posted in my build thread, but I'll be posting more shortly.

It's done. Going to pick it up after church today.

IMG_8039.jpg
Itā€™s looking real good too!!! My neighbor takes care of my S650 GT and my Wifeā€™s Macan and he has an Auto Detail business. Heā€™s wanting to do the S650 now and I just have to find the time to ā€œlet it goā€ for a day or so!! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†. He does real solid work in the Friendswood area and his prices are hard to beat. He did my S550 and it came out great!!
Sponsored