• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Strut Tower Bar Plate

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I was a little disappointed to open the hood on my GT PP and see three pre-drilled holes on the strut brace bar. I know it's not a DH, but they couldn't slap something on there?

I'm taking a chance on ebay and hopefully this will work out. I'll update the post either way when it comes in. For now, the seller is very helpful and responsive to questions/feedback. There's an option to include the VIN, but I really don't want "1FAG..." staring back at me every time I pop the hood, so I deleted that line.

Here's my order ($40) from ebay:

S650 Mustang Strut Tower Bar Plate 1696294658942
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I was a little disappointed to open the hood on my GT PP and see three pre-drilled holes on the strut brace bar. I know it's not a DH, but they couldn't slap something on there?

I'm taking a chance on ebay and hopefully this will work out. I'll update the post either way when it comes in. For now, the seller is very helpful and responsive to questions/feedback. There's an option to include the VIN, but I really don't want "1FAG..." staring back at me every time I pop the hood, so I deleted that line.

Here's my order ($40) from ebay:

1696294658942.png
How did you customize it? I can’t seem to see that option.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you customize it? I can’t seem to see that option.
It's a little unclear because there are no "options" really. What you have to do is complete the purchase, then contact the seller via ebay using their "contact the seller" button on the right side of the screen when the purchase is made. Here's what I emailed the seller via ebay:

1. Engine Horsepower: 486 HP
2. Engine Size: 5.0L
3. VIN (leave this blank)
4. Color Choice for Border and "COYOTE" Text: 990000

The seller contacted me to clarify if I wanted line 3 to say VIN followed by nothing or to delete the entire line. The color choice was made by looking at the pictures in the description. I picked a shade of red that might be close to my exterior color.

The image I shared was a proof emailed to me before production - I wasn't able to make it on my own online.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The fact that it's double-sided tape worries me though.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fact that it's double-sided tape worries me though.
I agree. I'll drive a few miles and check on it. Some of the stuff I have used from Gorilla is pretty strong and should handle some vibration. Heat will be interesting to see how that hold's up. Might end up becoming a fridge magnet if this doesn't work out.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I agree. I'll drive a few miles and check on it. Some of the stuff I have used from Gorilla is pretty strong and should handle some vibration. Heat will be interesting to see how that hold's up. Might end up becoming a fridge magnet if this doesn't work out.
Since it's an aluminium plate, could you ask the seller to drill the 2 rivet holes? Or at least make sure the graphics are not in those areas so you can drill it and rivet?
If that was an option, i'd order one in a heartbeat!

The distance between those 2 rivet holes is easily measurable and likely the same across all of them.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
It's a little unclear because there are no "options" really. What you have to do is complete the purchase, then contact the seller via ebay using their "contact the seller" button on the right side of the screen when the purchase is made. Here's what I emailed the seller via ebay:

1. Engine Horsepower: 486 HP
2. Engine Size: 5.0L
3. VIN (leave this blank)
4. Color Choice for Border and "COYOTE" Text: 990000

The seller contacted me to clarify if I wanted line 3 to say VIN followed by nothing or to delete the entire line. The color choice was made by looking at the pictures in the description. I picked a shade of red that might be close to my exterior color.

The image I shared was a proof emailed to me before production - I wasn't able to make it on my own online.
Ok sweet. I may have overread it but what does it look like as far as assembly? Is it plastic or metal? How does it attach? Length and width? I’d like to order one depending on how it’s made etc

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vapor Blue GT PP X-Pipe & HRE FF10's
Mine came in a few days ago; the plaque is metal but i too am worried about the adhesive's strength in relation to the heat and vibration. Granted the adhesive does seem strong/quality but at the end of the day it's still adhesive that can hopefully endure the engine bay's conditions. as far as installation goes it was just a matter of peel and stick.
S650 Mustang Strut Tower Bar Plate unnamed

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Born on date and location might be interesting…

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Mine came in a few days ago; the plaque is metal but i too am worried about the adhesive's strength in relation to the heat and vibration. Granted the adhesive does seem strong/quality but at the end of the day it's still adhesive that can hopefully endure the engine bay's conditions. as far as installation goes it was just a matter of peel and stick.
unnamed.jpg
Which blue did you order? And is the adhesive holding up?
Sponsored