• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Steeda vs. BMR Suspension??

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
Looking to install some suspension mods before the whipple comes in. Looks like these cars share the same wheel hop issue as the s550.

Curious if anyone has a preference of steeda over BMR or the other way around. And why?

looking to add things like the subframe alignment kit, front and rear sway bars, end links.

happy to hear other things that people are running on their s650 - suspension wise.

currently running the steeda dual rate springs on my DH.

S650 Mustang Steeda vs. BMR Suspension?? DSC09306-Enhanced-NR
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tuxonspeed

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
Did you take a measurement before and after to compare the decrease ? 🧐
Not with a tape measure but with my fingers 😂

Ideally I’d like it a bit lower in the front

WhiteMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I went with steeda for everything. Strut tower brace, k member brace, jacking rail, progressive springs, sway bar, and their stop the hop kit. I can't speak to bmr but the steeda stuff is great so far. Its also nice that I'm also in Georgia so all their stuff gets delivered in a day or two. Their customer service has been good too. I can tell I'm talking to someone with a georgia accent so that's not being outsourced.

I think there are a couple compatability issues with the bmr jacking rails if you have the steeda subframe braces. So double check on that kinda thing if you're gonna mix and match.

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😴

I'm also thinking of putting Steeda's dual springs on the DH, because those from other brands seem too low or not enough. On my old GT (MagneRide), the Steeda springs were very good.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Hah, i’ve on occasion used my leg, i figure it’s as good a measuring stick as any and has a tendency to be there when i need it.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
I won't comment on other brands ... but I'll let our manufacturing techniques in Valdosta, GA ... our on-track testing & stable help tell our story & why our parts are solid when it comes to suspension support:

S650 Mustang Steeda vs. BMR Suspension?? 1716412779785-rz

S650 Mustang Steeda vs. BMR Suspension?? 1716412797116-63

S650 Mustang Steeda vs. BMR Suspension?? 1716413029640-94

OP
OP
Tuxonspeed

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
I won't comment on other brands ... but I'll let our manufacturing techniques in Valdosta, GA ... our on-track testing & stable help tell our story & why our parts are solid when it comes to suspension support:

1716412779785-rz.png

1716412797116-63.png

1716413029640-94.png
Can you please send a link for a stop the hop kit that will work on the dark horse?

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looking to install some suspension mods before the whipple comes in. Looks like these cars share the same wheel hop issue as the s550.

Curious if anyone has a preference of steeda over BMR or the other way around. And why?

looking to add things like the subframe alignment kit, front and rear sway bars, end links.

happy to hear other things that people are running on their s650 - suspension wise.

currently running the steeda dual rate springs on my DH.

DSC09306-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
I have the Steeda Ultimate Handling springs on my Magneride GT. I installed BMR CB005 and that's all I need to focus the back end. That's what I had on my S550 and it works equally well on the S650.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Can you please send a link for a stop the hop kit that will work on the dark horse?
Currently - there is no direct carry over on the darkhorse. We are reviewing when our unit arrives.

TJ

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
... Steeda

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
Currently - there is no direct carry over on the darkhorse. We are reviewing when our unit arrives.

TJ
Everything in the kits except for the longer vertical links fit and is on my car.

Last edited:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
On my S550 I had BMR stuff other than springs which i went with the Ultralite Extreme linears. I have BMr stuff on my S650 so far. Haven’t lowered so not sure what route I’ll go. Either will work. It’s more just what you wanna do. Some of the stuff is compatible. Some not.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Everything in the kits except the the longer vertical links fit and is on my car.
Interesting - I just spoke to our lead tech & internal team - they weren't as confident without test fitting on the Dark Horse we have coming into our facility - I will circle back with them.

Best,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Okay, we had mixed signals internally. I was talking about the Stop the Hop Kit and the IRS braces, but they thought I was only referencing the Stop the Hop Kit.

The IRS braces for sure fit.

They want to re-evaluate the rest of the parts in the starter kit - they had an instance where the alignment dowels had a hick-up.

It looks like you installed that without issue ... so we need to see what the 3rd outcome is :)

It should be here shortly, so we shouldn't have to wait too long.

Best Regards,

TJ

WhiteMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Okay, we had mixed signals internally. I was talking about the Stop the Hop Kit and the IRS braces, but they thought I was only referencing the Stop the Hop Kit.

The IRS braces for sure fit.

They want to re-evaluate the rest of the parts in the starter kit - they had an instance where the alignment dowels had a hick-up.

It looks like you installed that without issue ... so we need to see what the 3rd outcome is :)

It should be here shortly, so we shouldn't have to wait too long.

Best Regards,

TJ
Nothing a few cold ones and some zealous ugga duggas can't make fit.
Sponsored