• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
So did my first “real” mod this last weekend for my birthday.
Got the Steeda H-Pipe installed on my GT with the active exhaust.

So to preface, I think the stock exhaust sounds incredible. It’s deep and loud on sport/track but I’ve been seeing some great feedback from others on the Steeda H pipe I decided to pull the trigger. I was VERY VERY skeptical of having drone since that’s the resonator’s job to eliminate. I also hate the obnoxiously loud mustangs that cruise the streets and just sound like raspy little fart cans. I also went with the H pipe cause I hate the raspy sound and coming from a H/C/I Z06, I wanted that nice muscle car sound.

Before and after video attached but here’s my thoughts! First off, cold starts and idle are much louder. Not in a really obnoxious way but it definitely wakes the exhaust up! If you accelerate after a cold start before the pipes warm up it’s definitely raspy. But this goes away after basically one press of the gas.
In quiet mode, it’s quiet still, love it. On normal, it’s pretty similar, but a little louder for sure when accelerating.
You do get slight drone at high gears and low throttle input. But when cruising, it’s essentially non-existent.
In my opinion, sport and track are the same. But man, this sounds ROWDY. Especially in a parking garage or under an overpass, it just sounds mean. It’s definitely louder inside and out. You’ll get some more drone but tbh the stock exhaust also had the drone in those modes. That’s the point though, it’s supposed to be louder. Overall, no regrets but if you’re expecting a deep deep exhaust tone, this won’t do it. Sounds much louder though and definitely sounds like it’s got that 486 HP under the hood

before

Sponsored

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
Getting mine installed saturday, i can’t wait to finally hear it in person. videos do not do this car justice

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
So far I'm reading where the swap-out, either H-pipe of X, really isn't making that much difference. I had a Roush 427R back in 2008 that came with O/R's, switched them out for the Roush Extreme Cat-Backs, difference was night & day. I agree the stock active exhaust is pretty good, may just stick with it.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I’m going to go with the Steeda X-Pipe for Resonator delete. They both have great Sound additions but on my 20’ S550, I had the X-Pipe and Sport Catback from Ford Performance and I loved the tone plus the burbles! I get quite a few pops with the stock exhausts at certain speeds so I’m anxious to see how this either enhances or improves that. But your addition sounds AMAZING!!!

Great Job!!!

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have seen many videos on this as I am planning on getting it done soon. However, the videos don't let you hear the difference in decibels. How much louder is it over the stock active exhaust?

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Quiet, slightly louder (5-10%), w/ different tone when accelerating. Unchanged sound when cruising
Normal, slightly louder (10-15%) w/ different tone when accelerating. Slight change to sound w/ small throttle input while cruising. Regular cruising, unchanged.
Sport/Track, louder (20-30%) w/ "screamier" tone when accelerating. Unchanged sound when cruising but slightly different tone.

Cold start, much louder (30%) until it idles down.
Idle, louder (15%).

This is obviously a rough estimate based on what I hear but I bet it's fairly accurate if I were to measure

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
Quiet, slightly louder (5-10%), w/ different tone when accelerating. Unchanged sound when cruising
Normal, slightly louder (10-15%) w/ different tone when accelerating. Slight change to sound w/ small throttle input while cruising. Regular cruising, unchanged.
Sport/Track, louder (20-30%) w/ "screamier" tone when accelerating. Unchanged sound when cruising but slightly different tone.

Cold start, much louder (30%) until it idles down.
Idle, louder (15%).

This is obviously a rough estimate based on what I hear but I bet it's fairly accurate if I were to measure
Does it still retain that nice deep sound?

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Does it still retain that nice deep sound?
Yes, it is more raspy when pipes are cold, when warmed up it's a deep screamy tone. There's no getting around the coyote rasp sound, but it's fairly deep even with the H pipe, albeit more raspy than before.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Yes, it is more raspy when pipes are cold, when warmed up it's a deep screamy tone. There's no getting around the coyote rasp sound, but it's fairly deep even with the H pipe, albeit more raspy than before.
Deeper and raspier? That doesn't add up in my brain.

X pipe always meant more raspy.
H pipe always meant more deep muscle tone.

I am going to go H on mine, but when I think of rasp I think of rattle/metallic/high pitch/pops and cackles. Deep H pipe should not be increasing any of that 🤔

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Deeper and raspier? That doesn't add up in my brain.

X pipe always meant more raspy.
H pipe always meant more deep muscle tone.

I am going to go H on mine, but when I think of rasp I think of rattle/metallic/high pitch/pops and cackles. Deep H pipe should not be increasing any of that 🤔
Deeper when RPM lower, raspier when RPM higher. No avoiding the natural resonence of the coyote. It's hard to explain but it will make sense when you install yours. If you lived in Dallas I would show you

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
So did my first “real” mod this last weekend for my birthday.
Got the Steeda H-Pipe installed on my GT with the active exhaust.

So to preface, I think the stock exhaust sounds incredible. It’s deep and loud on sport/track but I’ve been seeing some great feedback from others on the Steeda H pipe I decided to pull the trigger. I was VERY VERY skeptical of having drone since that’s the resonator’s job to eliminate. I also hate the obnoxiously loud mustangs that cruise the streets and just sound like raspy little fart cans. I also went with the H pipe cause I hate the raspy sound and coming from a H/C/I Z06, I wanted that nice muscle car sound.

Before and after video attached but here’s my thoughts! First off, cold starts and idle are much louder. Not in a really obnoxious way but it definitely wakes the exhaust up! If you accelerate after a cold start before the pipes warm up it’s definitely raspy. But this goes away after basically one press of the gas.
In quiet mode, it’s quiet still, love it. On normal, it’s pretty similar, but a little louder for sure when accelerating.
You do get slight drone at high gears and low throttle input. But when cruising, it’s essentially non-existent.
In my opinion, sport and track are the same. But man, this sounds ROWDY. Especially in a parking garage or under an overpass, it just sounds mean. It’s definitely louder inside and out. You’ll get some more drone but tbh the stock exhaust also had the drone in those modes. That’s the point though, it’s supposed to be louder. Overall, no regrets but if you’re expecting a deep deep exhaust tone, this won’t do it. Sounds much louder though and definitely sounds like it’s got that 486 HP under the hood

before

Sounds good! I see you’re not too far off from me 😂 I’ve got the non active GT and I recently installed the AWE Touring Catback and man it sounds nice. I need to upload some sound clips here.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Deeper when RPM lower, raspier when RPM higher. No avoiding the natural resonence of the coyote. It's hard to explain but it will make sense when you install yours. If you lived in Dallas I would show you
Maybe it's just what we each consider rasp. On my current DH in track mode exhaust at WOT I don't really consider it raspy at all.

I'm coming from a 4.6 Mach 1 with Borla ATAK and H pipe so I was worried about the rasp of the Coyote. But so far it's not an issue for me at all.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
So far I'm reading where the swap-out, either H-pipe of X, really isn't making that much difference. I had a Roush 427R back in 2008 that came with O/R's, switched them out for the Roush Extreme Cat-Backs, difference was night & day. I agree the stock active exhaust is pretty good, may just stick with it.
Trust me the ’H’ pipe is worth the cost. My mechanic on a hoist had it done in less than a hour.

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
just got the steeda H pipe installed this morning. sounds alot louder than i expected but im in love with it!

Sponsored