• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SPARE FOB

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Oxford White, 2023 Roush F150 Oxfo
Has anyone made a Spare FOB yet, using the inside of your Center Console on a 24 Dark Horse?
Sponsored

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Not sure what you mean. Mine came with 2 key fobs.

Do you mean the key slot in the center storage compartment?

OP
OP
mrnavy2

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I want to make a 3rd FOB. I did it on my Fusion and 2 F150. Would like to do it on my 24 Mustang.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Yes. I want to make a 3rd FOB. I did it on my Fusion and 2 F150. Would like to do it on my 24 Mustang.
I'd like to know this as well.
Usually if you have 2 FOB's you can create a third one after purchasing the FOB of course. I am less concerned about the physical key, but with 2 FOB'S and one dying, I suspect it will be expensive.

OP
OP
mrnavy2

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s why I like having a 3rd FOB. if you always have 2 you can always make a 3rd.

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
That’s why I like having a 3rd FOB. if you always have 2 you can always make a 3rd.
Exactly, I’ve done that with previous Fords as well. I ordered a used one from a seller on eBay who said it was compatible with the 2024 Mustang. I tried to program it in the console with the owners manual instructions. It would not program. Cracked open the used one and one of my new ones. Print inside is extremely tiny, but the FCC # and other number was different. Returned the wrong one and have another used one on the way from an eBay seller with the same FCC and part number. Good to have a third spare if you lose or damage one. Owners manual says you can program up to four remotes.

OP
OP
mrnavy2

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, I’ve done that with previous Fords as well. I ordered a used one from a seller on eBay who said it was compatible with the 2024 Mustang. I tried to program it in the console with the owners manual instructions. It would not program. Cracked open the used one and one of my new ones. Print inside is extremely tiny, but the FCC # and other number was different. Returned the wrong one and have another used one on the way from an eBay seller with the same FCC and part number. Good to have a third spare if you lose or damage one. Owners manual says you can program up to four remotes.
By the way. Whst is the FCC Number on your FOB?
thanks Steve.

bigsal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium PP
Good news, i made a spare key using an inexpensive fob i recieved in the mail. I used the key slot in the center console in my 24 mustang gt and followed a youtube video for 15+ mustangs. place original key, turn on (accessory mode), wait 5 second, turn off, repeat with second original key, and again with new fob.
i heard a slight audible variation in the tones on the third go round with the new key, but when I pulled the key out, the car was not responding to it. I shrugged and decided to look into it latter, and went for a drive with all three keys on me.

Later on after taking it for a drive, i was sitting in my living room and decided to try pressing the panic button on the new fob to see if it had decided to start working....and it did!

Long story short, cloning / copying / making a new key with 2 good fobs.... it works.

OP
OP
mrnavy2

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats. I will try it this week.

OP
OP
mrnavy2