• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sound System expectations (B&O, upgrades)

OP
OP
adamhixx

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
My Shaker 1000 is 12 years old and had some short comings. The system was Ok but the lack of sound deadening in even a premium GT made it sound like an echco chamber. I ended up redoing the interior and trunk area with Second Skin. Night and day difference. Anyone up grading their system without sound reading is missing much. Mustangs are not noted with great sound and its no wonder with how they are like a tin can made for perfomance.
I'm taking note of this. Any tips on adding second skin? Did you avoid paneling and just do the roof or did you apply everywhere? Not really familiar with the stuff
Sponsored

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I wouldn’t say I am an audiophile but definitely can make out small differences in sound systems and have done a good bit of home theater work. I test drove a 2022 mustang and tested out the B&O system in that and it definitely sounds good but don’t knock your socks off. My dad just got a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited with their 19 speaker Harmon Kardon system, now that is something that was very impressive and also drove in a Charger (don’t shoot me) with the same system didn’t sound as good as in the truck but still better then the B&O on the mustang so hoping for the upgrades to be better but personally I’d be happy with what we have currently

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I'm taking note of this. Any tips on adding second skin? Did you avoid paneling and just do the roof or did you apply everywhere? Not really familiar with the stuff
I did the whole trunk including the spare tire well. Removed the rear seat area including everything past the B pillar. You use both products. One is a foil base and then a foam topper. Before I did this you couldn't even hold a normal conversation while driving on expressways. Secondskin audio has a website. The only disadvantage is it was a lot of work and it does add weight. It might not be good for one that tracks or drags.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't think anyone options for the B&O audio system, most want the other options in the package it comes in.

I have it on a few vehicles including my 2018 F150. It is barely ok IMO. It was one of the first things I upgraded.

I don't plan on touching it in the Mustang as I don't plan on listening to the radio much in it.

Herb
Sponsored