• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

smooooth / sticky? clutch

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hey guys. Today I realized that the clutch is definitely different than what I had on my 07. Basically if I drop the clutch, it doesn't let me "drop" it. The clutch pedal releases almost immediately, but smoothly, especially when it's almost all the way up. So as a result, I feel like the clutch slows down my down-shifts when double-clutching. Has anybody noticed the difference? Is this a feature or do I need to have my clutch calibrated?

thanks.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
How many miles on your S650? I haven't noticed that yet, but I haven't dumped the clutch yet either until it's properly broken in. I have noticed if I let the clutch out slowly without touching the gas pedal that the RPMs will increase automatically. So there is probably some electronic nanny in there "helping you out".

OP
OP
Dxm

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
the RPMs increasing... I've had that on my old Mustang. My car has like 500 miles. All I'm saying, is like you know those hydraulic door closing mechanisms... you can have it calibrated to close slowly and smoothly or slam right away. For me, the pedal releases more slowly that I would like. Maybe you could try, just depress the pedal and release it, like let your foot off of it immediately and see if it snaps back up, or goes up smoothly.

thanks

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the RPMs increasing... I've had that on my old Mustang. My car has like 500 miles. All I'm saying, is like you know those hydraulic door closing mechanisms... you can have it calibrated to close slowly and smoothly or slam right away. For me, the pedal releases more slowly that I would like. Maybe you could try, just depress the pedal and release it, like let your foot off of it immediately and see if it snaps back up, or goes up smoothly.

thanks
I'll try it when I get home tonight and let you know.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine snaps right up. No delay. It's very smooth in its action, but seems to pop right up.

OP
OP
Dxm

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For me if I put it down, holding it down with the edge of my foot, then release it, it smoothly goes up; it doesn't immediately bounce right up. On my old Mustang, the pedal would shoot up immediately, without any smoothness. I could make it as rough or as smooth as I wanted to.

Maybe we have different expectations.
Sponsored