• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Serivce Vehicle Soon came on today

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I thought I would share this to save someone a trip to the service department.

I was out driving today, parked, got back in and Service Vehicle Soon came on with the wrench. Turned off and back on and nothing. I drove about 10 miles on the highway. I went to turn the cruise on and it said cruise control not available. I got to my next stop and got out and looked at the sensor on the front bumper. There was a bug splatted on it about the size of a nickel. I wiped it off and everything was all good.

So I guess a bug will make your yellow wrench to come on. Check the simple things first. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Sponsored

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium

I was out driving today, parked, got back in and Service Vehicle Soon came on with the wrench. Turned off and back on and nothing. I drove about 10 miles on the highway. I went to turn the cruise on and it said cruise control not available. I got to my next stop and got out and looked at the sensor on the front bumper. There was a bug splatted on it about the size of a nickel. I wiped it off and everything was all good.

So I guess a bug will make your yellow wrench to come on. Check the simple things first. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Would bug removal be a warranty item or would service have charged for it?

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse

this is a problem i have been having on and off too. bugs on the CCM do not cause it, i dont know what does. @Ford Motor Company take note, guys. might be time to release a TSB on this. it has the potential to cause accidents and other problems if it happens while driving

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I had a Hertz rental that did the same thing. I called Hertz and they told me to look on the front bumper for debris. They were right. This was a Toyota.

OP
OP
Pyroguy

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
this is a problem i have been having on and off too. bugs on the CCM do not cause it, i dont know what does. @Ford Motor Company take note, guys. might be time to release a TSB on this. it has the potential to cause accidents and other problems if it happens while driving
After I cleaned it off I had no further issues today.

I will monitor this. I'm just hoping it was the bug thing. I was diving last weekend and it came up saying something about pre collision assist not available, but no wrench. Then flashed on the right screen something about vehicle was now unlocked. It did it really fast and I couldn't read it that fast. But adaptive cruise worked. Just thought it was a glitch.

ThorsStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s650 GT Premium NPP PP
I had the exact same thing happen... No bug splat. I turned off lane keeping and the light went out.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Not as bad as Toyota. It would have just slammed on the brakes for you til you figured out. Should do the same as when the rear view mirror camera is blocked and say it has limited viability/blocked.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The joys of tons of tech....
Sponsored