• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Seat belt magnet

Suvak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
I’ve had an ongoing problem with the seatbelt retention strap (on the seat back) coming loose because the magnet is too weak.
I found that the attached inexpensive magnets are significantly stronger. I thought y’all might benefit from my experience.
Sponsored

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I’ve had an ongoing problem with the seatbelt retention strap (on the seat back) coming loose because the magnet is too weak.
I found that the attached inexpensive magnets are significantly stronger. I thought y’all might benefit from my experience.
Same boat here... Where is the attachment?

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I have the same issue. Mine is defective and can’t really hold the strap in because on the strap there is a circle and that little circle is supposed to fit into a circle on the magnet on the seat and the hole for that circle is flush on the seat and it shouldn’t be.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
I posted this before, but it bears reposting. Home Depot sells rare earth magnets (very strong) about dime size in packs of 4. One kind is just a flat disc, another kind looks like a bolt washer. Get one pack of each. Figure out the polarity and use one of each, washer type towards the dimple. Problem solved.

JP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I looked at your other post on the HD magnets.. a couple different sizes and strength of each. Can you confirm it is the 3/4 "washer" and 0.47 inch disc from HD? Appreciate the insight, the seat belt issue driving me crazy

vkbl111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FRS

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
I looked at your other post on the HD magnets.. a couple different sizes and strength of each. Can you confirm it is the 3/4 "washer" and 0.47 inch disc from HD? Appreciate the insight, the seat belt issue driving me crazy
The ones I bought are
- 5pack Magnet Source 07528 .75in x .06in disc
- 3pack Magnet Source 07091 .74in OD x .375in ID x .105in Thk "ring"
Sponsored